BB maps with gps has been working well since vzw turned on the gps last week. However, when the phone is plugged into the 120v or car charger the gps signal goes away but comes back when on battery power. Using the gps with the screen lit the whole time drains the battery fairly quickly. The problem occurs on verizon official software v4.5.0.77 and also on v4.5.0.97. I had vznav for 4 months and didn't have this problem. Anybody else have the same problem? Any solutions to fix my problem?
    12-08-08 03:28 PM
    BB maps with gps has been working well since vzw turned on the gps last week. However, when the phone is plugged into the 120v or car charger the gps signal goes away but comes back when on battery power. Using the gps with the screen lit the whole time drains the battery fairly quickly. The problem occurs on verizon official software v4.5.0.77 and also on v4.5.0.97. I had vznav for 4 months and didn't have this problem. Anybody else have the same problem? Any solutions to fix my problem?
    Yes! I have the very same problem. Works great until I plug it into any charger. I called Verizon today and they jumped thru a few hoops and then said they would send me a new Curve.
    We'll see.
    12-15-08 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD