It would be interesting to see real results instead of hijacked results. That's the point of a poll. Never the less we will see when all have been released.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Do you need a poll to tell you which way the wind is blowing?

It is blindingly obvious that the point of this sloppily designed poll is not to generate insightful results. It is to generate advertising dollars, no matter the results. You can thank the advertising model of the internet for that.

The Verge wants ad revenue. We are giving them that. You should be happy. :-).
    09-13-14 03:23 PM
    If nobody wants a phone with a keyboard, then Ryan really blew those millions on a pipe dream and BlackBerry shouldn't have even bothered with the lawsuit.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    Well said

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-13-14 03:24 PM
    Do you need a poll to tell you which way the wind is blowing?

It is blindingly obvious that the point of this sloppily designed poll is not to generate insightful results. It is to generate advertising dollars, no matter the results. You can thank the advertising model of the internet for that.

The Verge wants ad revenue. We are giving them that. You should be happy. :-).
    Very true, though it doesn't make me any happier than I already am!

At the end of the day everyone has to do what they feel is best and enjoy. The results mean little.

09-13-14 03:41 PM
    Are there no iPhone fan sites?
    Are there no Android fan sites?
    Is the Verge a pro-BlackBerry site?
    So, the poll should only be voted on by active visitors to the Verge. How active should they be to count?

As I said before:
    The customers who use smartphones from other manufacturers don't have the need to validate their choice through a random online poll.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and gokulesh like this.
    09-13-14 06:24 PM
    He was sued and lost.

So nobody bought that thing?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 06:26 PM
    As I said before:
    The customers who use smartphones from other manufacturers don't have the need to validate their choice through a random online poll.

Posted via CB10
    So, there should have been 0 votes from Apple and Android.

09-13-14 06:43 PM

People ultimately vote with their wallets. Let's hope BlackBerry sells enough Classics and Passports to make a profit. They cannot currently take on Apple and Google.

09-13-14 06:57 PM
    People ultimately vote with their wallets. Let's hope BlackBerry sells enough Classics and Passports to make a profit. They cannot currently take on Apple and Google.

Again....the poll was excitement about a phone this month. Arguments that some other device will be bought more have nothing to do with the poll. Complaining that one phone has more excited fans, just proves the point of the poll.

Skyforever likes this.
    09-13-14 07:52 PM
    Again....the poll was excitement about a phone this month. Arguments that some other device will be bought more have nothing to do with the poll. Complaining that one phone has more excited fans, just proves the point of the poll.

Sounds good.

Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-13-14 08:24 PM
    Vote - Which new smartphone has you most fired up? (the Verge)-untitled1.png

I was the 15000th vote.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-14-14 12:25 AM

I'm in complete agreement with you there. I doubt BlackBerry even has the pipeline in place in the unlikely event that the Passport becomes a runaway hit.

I'm not even bringing this up to knock the new iPhone, except maybe that Apple's conservatism may leave a door open for a new innovator. I like the iPhone 6--LOVE the Apple Watch--and I have a ton of admiration for what they're doing.

If you want me to be completely, nakedly honest, I'd be pretty interested in how a selection from the general public would respond in a legit poll with the same options. If the Passport still won in such a survey, what would that mean?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    09-14-14 02:02 AM
    I'm in complete agreement with you there. I doubt BlackBerry even has the pipeline in place in the unlikely event that the Passport becomes a runaway hit.

I'm not even bringing this up to knock the new iPhone, except maybe that Apple's conservatism may leave a door open for a new innovator. I like the iPhone 6--LOVE the Apple Watch--and I have a ton of admiration for what they're doing.

If you want me to be completely, nakedly honest, I'd be pretty interested in how a selection from the general public would respond in a legit poll with the same options. If the Passport still won in such a survey, what would that mean?

I don't think they would know enough about the Passport to pick it, they would likely go with what they know, with only a few recognising the Passports potential.

BlackBerry needs to ensure what happened with the Z10 and BlackBerry 10 as a whole doesn't happen with Passport and 10.3.. SHOUT about how they're about to disrupt the phone market (to use an overused silicon valley buzz word)

And I think that things are looking to be slightly better, more random people are aware

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-14-14 02:20 AM
    I don't think they would know enough about the Passport to pick it, they would likely go with what they know, with only a few recognising the Passports potential.

BlackBerry needs to ensure what happened with the Z10 and BlackBerry 10 as a whole doesn't happen with Passport and 10.3.. SHOUT about how they're about to disrupt the phone market (to use an overused silicon valley buzz word)

And I think that things are looking to be slightly better, more random people are aware

Posted via CB10
    This is my point. The average person doesn't know about the Passport so it would not win the poll. Who's fault is that?

I'm not knocking blackberry because they are a new beginning. It will take time. Of course people on Crackberry think the Passport is the most innovative smartphone coming out and they wish others felt the same way. We will see, maybe I will be surprised.

09-14-14 08:51 AM
    I'm a ex-Blackberry user who switched to Android about 4+ years ago. During these Android years I have kept an eye on BB offerings, hoping that there would be a BB phone that would attract my attention. Now comes Passport. Now comes my excitement for a Blackberry phone, an excitement that I haven't had for any Android based phone (presently using Note2). I'll be getting Passport either through ATT (the cheaper way) , or buying it outright (saving my pennies for that eventuality). I'm looking forward to returning to the BB fold.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    09-14-14 09:13 AM

As I said before as well: you will always have some hardcore fans in every camp.
    And then there are people who are just bored and take part in the poll not because they have an allegiance to a platform, but because they wanted to vote on a poll.

It's also about the ratio:
    The smallest force in the market, gets the most votes. And as it's usually the case with smaller communities, they seem to have a tendency to stick together in a more serious fashion, than bigger communities.

If the Android community would actually care about the poll, then they would have crushed it, simply because of their overall size...

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and mikeo007 like this.
    09-14-14 09:41 AM

I don't get the strict distinction between these 2 factors, in the context of what has been discussed in here until now.

So, if someone who preordered an iPhone 6 is not excited about the device...
    Then why would he/she want to buy it? Because the phone annoys him/her and this is what she/he likes?

If more people are excited for the Passport, but nobody buys it, then why even get excited about the device? What's the point of the excitement then?
    To be excited not to buy it maybe?

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    09-14-14 09:47 AM
    Lets show them blackberry users are united and cant wait for Blackberrys upcoming phones!

Which new smartphone has you most fired up?
    None. Phone is just a tool, like a spoon or a hammer or a bottle opener etc.
    I never understood why people get exited about a new phone model. Especially creepy are Apple (Google, BB, what ever) fan boys, standing in a line for days to buy a f'n phone. Seriously people, how much more sheep like can you get?

Do you get all bent out of shape because a new type of toilet paper has arrived in your local supermarket? Probably not. So, why do you get all exited about a new phone model? Sure, you can wipe your ar** with a stone and send smoke signals but if you really think about it, there is not much difference between a phone and a toilet paper - you have to use it when you have to, and only because it's more convenient.
    09-14-14 09:48 AM
    I don't get the strict distinction between these 2 factors, in the context of what has been discussed in here until now.

Then why would he/she want to buy it? Because the phone annoys him/her and this is what she/he likes?

If more people are excited for the Passport, but nobody buys it, then why even get excited about the device? What's the point of the excitement then?

Posted via CB10
    There are people who are locked into a platform for technical /business reasons. They may not be in a position to migrate to BlackBerry, but still consider the Passport to be the most exciting phone this fall.

BTW, it's also totally possible that the Passport attracted protest votes from people who are frustrated with a lack of innovation from Apple. Maybe for them the Passport represented a "none of the above" option.

09-14-14 10:56 AM

Even if it had done quite modestly in such a poll that would have been a big win IMO.
    09-14-14 11:03 AM
    There are people who are locked into a platform for technical /business reasons. They may not be in a position to migrate to BlackBerry, but still consider the Passport to be the most exciting phone this fall.

BTW, it's also totally possible that the Passport attracted protest votes from people who are frustrated with a lack of innovation from Apple. Maybe for them the Passport represented a "none of the above" option.

"lack of innovation from Apple" is an interesting point. I have been reading a lot the last few days on Apple Pay. They have been working on it for years to get it working right and with a high level of security apparently. If that isn't innovative I don't know what is.

I don't own any Apple products but I am going to at least look at the new iPhone when it comes out. I would be crazy if I didn't.

09-14-14 11:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps the word excitement is not appropriate. I would say curiosity. People are curious. There is no commitment of buying or owning one. They just want to have a look see.
    UnlimitedEra and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-14-14 12:27 PM
    "lack of innovation from Apple" is an interesting point. I have been reading a lot the last few days on Apple Pay. They have been working on it for years to get it working right and with a high level of security apparently. If that isn't innovative I don't know what is.

I don't own any Apple products but I am going to at least look at the new iPhone when it comes out. I would be crazy if I didn't.

Apple Pay is more a political/business achievement than a technical one; many other places have had NFC payments for years.

And I'm not sure the "average person" knows he wants it yet. When I explain it to people the reactions range from "why would I want that?" to severe mistrust in its security. I think that will change as people are exposed to it, but I'm not sure it's a huge selling point for many.

Vuneu likes this.
    09-14-14 01:50 PM
    Apple Pay is more a political/business achievement than a technical one; many other places have had NFC payments for years.

And I'm not sure the "average person" knows he wants it yet. When I explain it to people the reactions range from "why would I want that?" to severe mistrust in its security. I think that will change as people are exposed to it, but I'm not sure it's a huge selling point for many.

We'll see in a bit.

09-14-14 02:18 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2494...ent-poll?app=1

Oh my. Someone tell his nice man that the polls were a little off because of us or he'll have unrealistic expectations of blackberry. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:53 AM
    300th (;

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:56 AM
382 ... 1011121314 ...