View Poll Results: What is the best Mobile Computing Device

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • QNX - BlackBerry

    34 79.07%
  • Android - Google

    3 6.98%
  • ios - Apple

    4 9.30%
  • wp8 - Microsoft

    0 0%
  • Other

    2 4.65%
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DragonFlyer
  • 1 Post By ajst222
  • 2 Post By mikeo007
  1. DragonFlyer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    471 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Cool Vote for best Mobile Computing Platform

    I think QNX is the best platform but I don't know what I am talking about. I would really enjoy some input from people that have more knowledge about this than I do. What is the easiest platform for developers to use? What is the most secure platform? What is the most stable platform?
  2. Dapper37's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    #2  

    Default

    when it comes to mobile computing, embeded computing, securtity and the rest of your questions! QNX hands down! a quick google search will provide you endless resources on QNX!
  3. Iamanonymous62's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFlyer View Post
    I think QNX is the best platform but I don't know what I am talking about. I would really enjoy some input from people that have more knowledge about this than I do. What is the easiest platform for developers to use? What is the most secure platform? What is the most stable platform?
    The best Device for mobile computing is obviously the Surface Pro!
  4. DragonFlyer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    471 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    ajst222 likes this.
  5. ajst222's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,684 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM
    #5  

    Default

    You're putting this poll up on a BlackBerry forum open to a group of people who are going to be very biased against BlackBerry haha. But in all honestly (and I have used BlackBerry, Android, and iOS...no Windows yet) I think that BB10 is the best mobile computing platform. QNX is more versatile and secure than Android or iOS which means it has a higher potential. I also believe that BlackBerry put an enormous amount of effort into creating BB10 and I really think it is a winner.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

    Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    Thanked by:
    DragonFlyer (02-25-2013) 
    DragonFlyer likes this.
  6. pepe68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Hey folks,

    As I read the question over again, it is somewhat confusing people as you ask which platform in the title of the thread and then ask which device in the poll.

    If you ask which device, for me it's a toss up between GS3 & BB Z10.

    I think the best platforms is what works best for you and what you are looking for. The top platforms are in my opinion, in no particular order, is Android and QNX.

    They both offered specfic and compelling features that cater to different requirements. If you are looking for security though, I would definetly say that QNX is the one for you.

    Just a thought!
    Thanked by:
    DragonFlyer (02-25-2013) 
  7. ajst222's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,684 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepe68 View Post
    Hey folks,

    I think the best platforms is what works best for you and what you are looking for. The top platforms are in my opinion, in no particular order, is Android and QNX.

    They both offered specfic and compelling features that cater to different requirements. If you are looking for security though, I would definetly say that QNX is the one for you.

    Just a thought!
    Very true about finding what works for you
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

    Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
  8. pepe68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajst222 View Post
    Very true about finding what works for you
    Just posted a revise copy of my post as there is a little confusion to the question(s).

    What do you think?
  9. ajst222's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,684 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFlyer View Post
    Very cool and interesting list. You wouldn't think right off the bat that QNX would be involved in all of these different areas.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

    Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
  10. bbranny's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    anyone even know what mobile computing means? im sure 90percent of ppl are confused by it and Thors gave a horrible explanation of it.

    it is another one of those term that BBRY is throwing around.
  11. ajst222's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,684 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbranny View Post
    anyone even know what mobile computing means? im sure 90percent of ppl are confused by it and Thors gave a horrible explanation of it.

    it is another one of those term that BBRY is throwing around.
    It is pretty self explanatory. It is....mobile computing! The term "computing" really means doing anything that involves computers. And as we all know, mobile phones are computers.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

    Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
  12. dangerousfen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,793 Posts
    PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!
    #12  

    Default

    Why put a poll like this on a Blackberry forum? We all know what the results will look like.
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

    Into every life a little ale must pour
  13. DragonFlyer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    471 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice my mistake. I souldn't have tried to create a thread in the midle of the night. The pole is supposed to say platform. I know how to edit a post but I haven't figured out how to edit a thread.
    I know the pole is going to have bias towards BB. I was trying to pull out some information about what makes QNX so good.
  14. ajst222's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,684 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFlyer View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice my mistake. I souldn't have tried to create a thread in the midle of the night. The pole is supposed to say platform. I know how to edit a post but I haven't figured out how to edit a thread.
    I know the pole is going to have bias towards BB. I was trying to pull out some information about what makes QNX so good.
    There's no real mistake in the thread title. But for future reference, you can't edit it. If you need it edited, then press the little triangle with the ! in it at the start of the thread and ask them the mods to change it.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

    Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    Thanked by:
    DragonFlyer (02-25-2013) 
  15. pepe68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousfen View Post
    Why put a poll like this on a Blackberry forum? We all know what the results will look like.
    This type of poll should be across Mobile Nations and not just in Crackberry. As "dangerousfen" points out, the answers will be really biased.

    I would suggest that someone in the Crackberry Team see if they could get this posted across Mobile Nations, that would be a better. But I would say that it will problaby go more in a battle between Androis & iOS at this time. There is not enough exposure for BB10 for now, since the USA realease is in a few weeks and the rest of Asia & Africa are getting theirs now.

    Personally, I feel this is too early to be asking this question and would be better answered in a year from now, so to give BB10 a real chance of exposure and people actually using it!

    Just a thought!

    Cheers!
  16. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,142 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I'm really intrigued to see what the results of this poll will be on a Blackberry forum
    Shanerredflag and vzinside like this.
  17. lcjr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,505 Posts
    PIN
    5032340A
    #17  

    Default

    How about the accessories for the mobile computing??? Bring on the mobile mini docking station that allows a mini-mouse and larger monitor (also mobile). How about a phone that expands into a tablet?? Good things to come folks. May sound extreme now, but so did mobile phones 50 years ago.
  18. pepe68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcjr View Post
    How about the accessories for the mobile computing??? Bring on the mobile mini docking station that allows a mini-mouse and larger monitor (also mobile). How about a phone that expands into a tablet?? Good things to come folks. May sound extreme now, but so did mobile phones 50 years ago.
    For Android - Here you go: http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-...dfone-infinity

    As for BB, not sure we will see this anytime soon! Would be nice though! :-)
  19. Chris Marsch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    267 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    I'm really intrigued to see what the results of this poll will be on a Blackberry forum
    the result could NOT be correct because the poll opener forgot to include MAC OS X on Macbook Air... ;-)

Similar Threads

  1. Mobile computing platform : WebWorks and QNX
    By Superfly_FR in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
  2. Help me understand "mobile computing platform"
    By timastyle in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 02:42 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 11:26 PM
  4. Playbook Is The Best Mobile Gaming Platform on the Market
    By shootsscores in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 06:40 AM
  5. Best Mobile Banking Application for BoA?
    By jcm4 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions