HI,

Anybody knows if either bluetooth or regular wired earbuds can control the volume level of the BB? My volume control buttons are broken so no other way to fix em.
    Many thanks
    01-05-11 04:43 AM
    I can't think of how that would work with wired earbuds since the BB headphone jack is only an output source. Obviously, the earbuds' volume control could adjust the volume on the earbuds themselves, but I doubt if they could control the volume that the BB is putting out.

As you mentioned, maybe Bluetooth would be a better shot since the connection is digital rather than wired. I think I'd read some specs online for Bluetooth earbuds to see if anything is mentioned about handset volume control.
    01-05-11 05:52 AM
    If you need to control the call volume there is an option in Menu/Options/Phone Options/General Options. At the very bottom is Default Call Volume you can set it from 25 to 100%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    fnguyen likes this.
    01-05-11 03:25 PM
    Thanks, I figured that out. For the media, I just bought the blackberry premium multimedia headset to see if that works before spending more bucks into a bluetooth headset.
    I also thought of a media player app that would allow to control programmatically the volume through the app. Didn t the OS5 media player allowed that? Shame that the one from OS6 doesn't...
    01-06-11 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD