BlackBerry Sells German R&D Assets to Volkswagen (NASDAQ: BBRY) - 24/7 Wall St.

Last Thursday the company announced that it has agreed to sell an R&D facility in Germany to Volkswagen for an undisclosed sum.
    07-07-14 08:54 AM
    Blackberry Fact Check have responded to the Seeking Alpha coverage of the QNX VW deal. Hopefully helps to clear up some questions.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/07/...=Brand/Company content&linkId=8745411

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:32 PM
    Doesn't clear up whether the employees that went over were working on QNX or not. I don't think anyone here thought QNX got sold to VW.
    07-07-14 01:54 PM
    Doesn't clear up whether the employees that went over were working on QNX or not. I don't think anyone here thought QNX got sold to VW.
    I'm sure Blaze and the crew will clear things up soon as more details emerge.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:38 PM
    The best part of the Fact Check from BlackBerry

"BlackBerry has..... encourage readers of Seeking Alpha to verify information with another source to avoid being misled or misinformed."

Either way QNX had nothing to do with the deal. BlackBerry did it seems sale some property or a lease and as part of the sale VW is keeping at least a portion of the staff. How much BlackBerry made on the deal... is at this point unknown.
    07-07-14 02:55 PM
    This is the part I thought cleared up the QNX confusion:

"The facts are that employees and R&D assets involved in this agreement have only ever supported BlackBerry product efforts. BlackBerry did not issue any communications about QNX involvement in this transaction ? as they are not involved."

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:57 PM
31 12