Does anyone have any experience with any VoIP for the Blackberry? I have a 9700 and would like to try something. I've done some research on TringMe but can't decide whether or not it is worth the effort. Is there anything out there that is similar or possibly better?
    03-04-11 10:21 PM
    same here ,, hope someone help
    03-07-11 04:13 AM
    I keep my eye out for a free voip (google voice likely) but I don't see that happening, and as I only call US numbers I don't foresee needing a paid voip service.
    03-07-11 05:43 PM
    Hey guys,

My problem is stranger: Am in the Mideast, so most VOIP apps are blocked here - hail internet censorship.
    However, managed to download Tringme app, and get my boyfriend to do the same who is also in the Mideast.
    However, when we call one another, the other can't seem to answer the voice call. I don't get it. What are we doing wrong?
    Anyone?!

Cheers
    03-09-11 12:29 AM
    Hey Brai, I actually tried TringMe and it did work. I live in Canada, so maybe that's censored too?!

Anyway, good luck. I may actually get subscription to TringMe afterall
    03-09-11 09:26 PM
    @brai: If your issue hasn't been resolved yet, please visit tringmesupport.com & submit a ticket; our support staff will help you.
    03-18-11 04:38 AM
    Does anyone have any experience with any VoIP for the Blackberry? I have a 9700 and would like to try something. I've done some research on TringMe but can't decide whether or not it is worth the effort. Is there anything out there that is similar or possibly better?
    Yes,try it works...
    Voice over wifi and free.
    it's similar to iPhone's app "Viber "
    But the voices may arrive 2-3 secs later the person you talk.
    03-19-11 01:37 PM
    Calling out with Tringme is no problem. But, how does one call you? Does Tringme intercept the incoming call somehow and you get VOIP in bound calls? I have tried Tringme and I can't figure out how to get inbound VOIP/Tringme calls.
    03-19-11 04:39 PM
    First of all, this app must be installed for callers/answerers BlackBerries and both sides also have to be online ( green light ) over Wi-Fi...
    The other way is to buy credits which I don't care..
    Sometimes the call drops even if both sides well connected to Wi-Fi and online..
    Caller ringing you, you answer but not connect..
    After trying 2 or 3 times u get connected..that is not happen every time.
    I believe that will be fixed on new updates...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 04:48 PM
    UMA is flat out better than regular VoIP.
    03-19-11 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD