hey I am a brand new blackberry pearl user, and I am receiving a sms alert when I get new voicemail. Is there a way to turn off the sms notification and still get the alert tone, and the little voice person icon?? Thanks in advance!!
    02-17-08 07:31 PM
    No, the BB inherently treats voicemail as a message, so you'll get the SMS notification along with the VM icon.
    02-17-08 07:42 PM
    I use a free program called You Mail, which emails you a voice file to listen to.

YouMail Sign In
    02-17-08 07:44 PM
    I think you are confusing the voicemail notification. It is not an SMS message. It is a notification.

Try this:

Press the green phone button to bring up your call log, press menu and choose options, then Call Logging.

Change call logging to none.
    02-17-08 07:45 PM
    Thanks alot for the info guys! I was thinking that blackberry treats voicemail as just another message, but I wanted to check to see what everyone else thought about it...This is the first Ive heard of the You Mail program. I think I'll try it out and see how I like it!
    02-17-08 08:02 PM
    I think you are confusing the voicemail notification. It is not an SMS message. It is a notification.

Try this:

Press the green phone button to bring up your call log, press menu and choose options, then Call Logging.

Change call logging to none.
    That will only prevent message notifications for missed calls. VM will always trigger a message notification.
    02-17-08 08:05 PM
    Thanks alot for the info guys! I was thinking that blackberry treats voicemail as just another message, but I wanted to check to see what everyone else thought about it...This is the first Ive heard of the You Mail program. I think I'll try it out and see how I like it!
    I have been using it for over a year and like it, never had a problem and never paid a dime. You can also listen to them fom the web and delete them also, never need to call your voicemail.
    Last edited by zerog32; 02-17-08 at 08:28 PM.
    02-17-08 08:26 PM
    See, even I am still learning things.
    02-17-08 08:41 PM
    Of course it doesnt work well with Sprint
    02-17-08 09:11 PM
    See, even I am still learning things.
    You, me, we all are... no one is ever immune to learning things.
    02-17-08 09:47 PM
    Ya know, I think I might try this one. I hate listening to vm. Even my mom won't leave me vm, people know to send me sms or email, but every once in a while I get vm and it stays on my phone for a week before I delete it. Usually I don't even listen to it, just delete it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 11:06 PM
    I have been using it for over a year and like it, never had a problem and never paid a dime. You can also listen to them fom the web and delete them also, never need to call your voicemail.
    You've sold on this You Mail thing! (even though it's free)....my favorite part is that you can personalize greetings for your callers, the fact that you can block people from leaving you messages using this program is pretty cool also! I appreciate you letting me know about it!
    Last edited by kmoreland; 02-17-08 at 11:49 PM. Reason: correction
    02-17-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD