ok, ever since i switched to verizon many years ago i've hated every time i call my voicemail and have to enter my password, even though i'm calling from my phone. well, i'm still slowly exploring my 8130 and tonight i discovered how to have my phone auto enter my password for me! i'm sooooo excited about this! (it's the little things in life that amuse me)
    03-16-08 08:39 PM
    Shouldn't your voicemail not even ask for password when you call from your own device? Voicemails usually have CallerID, and if you're calling it doesn't prompt for password. Thats happened to me on every phone whether it was Verizion or AT&T
    03-16-08 08:52 PM
    every phone i've had with verizon, at least 6 of them, i have to enter my password followed by the pound sign. when i was with sprint i didn't have to enter it to get to my voicemail.
    03-16-08 08:55 PM
    That's strange. Do you use your regular voicemail??

You should try YouMail. Its free, and it doesnt ask for a password!! Plus there are tons of features like "Reject Anonymous Callers", and you can have different greetings for friends, family, work etc.

Its a bundle of joy.
    03-16-08 08:56 PM
    On VZW phones, you still have to enter your passcode as a security measure, in the event you lose your phone/BB.

Isn't it great to have the BB enter all the info for you though?! That's one of my favorite features!!
    03-16-08 10:54 PM
    YouMail requires Sprint customers to call customer service to activate the service because it forwards unanswered calls. Also Sprint charges 20cents/minute to forward each call so you could easily rack up a huge charge with Sprint when using this.
    03-16-08 11:42 PM
    I am happy Blackberry has this feature b/c it's a good idea to password protect your voicemail. Couriosity killed the cat and i would step on the gas if I caught someone trying to check my voicemail.
    03-17-08 12:02 AM
    what?? im over here lookin like a sucker entering my pw i hate it.
    03-17-08 04:38 AM
    Cmon people it's not that bad. I can take it or leave it. It doesn't bother me either way. I'm glad that no one knows my voicemail password including my wife. Hehehe, just kidding. That feature by having to enter your password could save you one day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 05:38 AM
    I've entered my pw so many times, over a bazillion, that I don't even think about it anymore.............a second for security (on VZW)........no prob.
    03-17-08 06:30 AM
    just enter *86,1234# (1234 is the password) as a speed dial and it will go into the vm. It comes in handy on the storm with a screen lock while your on the phone.
    03-30-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD