Does anyone know how to prevent the LED from flashing red like crazy when recording a voice note? It's so useless and battery draining, on top of obnoxious.
    03-10-10 03:05 AM
    I just tested it out... It does seem a little much, but there's no option menu. I recall that anyone you're speaking with must know if you're recording a conversation. Perhaps that's the reason, to make it obvious to anyone around you. If that's the case, then there's probably no way to disable it. I guess you could use a piece of tape to cover up the LED if it's that disruptive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 03:14 AM
    Surprisingly, the blinking LED consumes very little power. That is not an issue.

As Masahiro suggested, if it bothers you, tape it over.
    03-10-10 09:44 AM
    I just tested it out... It does seem a little much, but there's no option menu. I recall that anyone you're speaking with must know if you're recording a conversation. Perhaps that's the reason, to make it obvious to anyone around you. If that's the case, then there's probably no way to disable it. I guess you could use a piece of tape to cover up the LED if it's that disruptive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Here in the US, under federal law and many states, so long as one party to a conversation consents, it is legal, regardless of whether the other parties are told or not.
    03-10-10 11:04 AM
    Does anyone know how to prevent the LED from flashing red like crazy when recording a voice note? It's so useless and battery draining, on top of obnoxious.
    lol yea, LED's dont consume much power at all. stop trying to be all discreet while recording stuff!!
    03-10-10 09:20 PM
    It's just annoying when you've got a Berry in front of you that won't stop flashing.
    03-15-10 04:43 PM
    I totally agree with the OP, that flashing red light is annoying.

I thought that the purpose of the voice NOTES is to record something that comes to your mind as you prefer talking to it and it's very hard to concentrate with those flashing light.
    04-22-10 09:02 PM
    Well, I usually record meetings and interviews using my Curve.

But if everything is going as it should, we soon forget the device is there on the table...
    04-22-10 09:11 PM
    Switch the phone into 'bedside mode', and then all LEDs will remain off while the phone continues to work just like normal. So the blinking green light (status lights) and the blinking red light (while voice or video recording) will be off while the phone functions normally.

Turning off bedside mode would return the phone to normal with the blinking lights.
    Soloman02 and frostyrip like this.
    08-18-11 11:12 AM
    Thanks. A little bit of searching goes a long way.
    I need to record a conversation and would prefer to not have anyone know my phone is running as it sits on the dining table.

WooHoo...bedside mode. tested and confirmed.

Thanks a bunch Woomanchoo.
    03-17-12 09:32 PM
    Super .. Bedside mode did work .. Thanks a ton .. Woomanchoo .. Be around .. Reachable on [email protected] .. Cheers
    04-25-14 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD