I don't have GPS but I use the application infospace and it has turn by turn voice directions. It's an awesome program and it's FREE all the time! I highly recommend it! It has several features besides driving directions. Check it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 11:47 PM
    Thanks for the posts. I'm going to try Co-Pilot on my unlocked 8310 on T-Mo this weekend. I'm a GPS junkie and have tried just about every nav app out there. I'm looking forward to tyring another one.

I'm still searching for the PERFECT app!
    05-30-08 08:23 AM
    I don't have GPS but I use the application infospace and it has turn by turn voice directions. It's an awesome program and it's FREE all the time! I highly recommend it! It has several features besides driving directions. Check it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you are referencing the Infospace Findit application, you may want to read the following thread. Infospace was bought out and they have gotten rid of the application.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/infospace-find-33731/
    05-30-08 08:53 AM
    I have used this for a few trips, and the voice directions seem slow, or too late half of the time. Example, I was entering a major intersection with multiple roads coming together, and it was difficult to find which roads to turn on.

Example 2, told me to exit freeway, and didn't tell me which way to turn once off the exit until I was stopped at the red light for at least 5 seconds. Would have been too late if the light were green.

I like the interface, but the speed getting info to the driver is really slow, and half of the routes I took needed recalculations at some point or another.

Maybe I drive too fast?
    05-30-08 03:09 PM
    How much memory does this take? I'm in the process of removing it and trying it out since CJ has convinced me!

Does it auto-input cities after selecting the state like Telenav does?
    05-31-08 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the links.
    05-31-08 08:36 PM
    I am downloading now thanks for the link its pretty cool.
    05-31-08 08:41 PM
    Cj... this is 1.5MB. Telenav is under 1MB. Grrr, this better be good. You know I'm pressed for space with 4.5, lol.
    06-14-08 02:40 AM
    I used it on my Curve 8320 with the Freedom Keychain GPS 2000 with no problem.

Now I have an unlocked Curve 8310 w/ built in GPS and can't get CoPilot or MapQuest Navigitor to recognize the built in GPS (yet Garmin and Google Maps use it no problem).

Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this? I have gone through all of the settings that I could find in the programs and in the BB settings.
    06-14-08 01:11 PM
    As reported by another 8830 user... After installing this the internal GPS became disabled and would not work in any other GPS program. I did a restore and it's working again but what a pain.
    06-16-08 08:49 AM
    I've used CoPilot a couple times this morning. No problem staying connected with my Keychain GPS puck. I agree that turning info at an intersection is a bit sluggish. Likewise the route redirecting. (Compared to my more familiar Nav4All). But the graphics are sure colorful! Couldn't change the voice to "John" either. It's a big program at about 1.5 megs.

The fat, oversized graphics as you approach intersections is difficult to interpret at times.
    Last edited by organman; 06-16-08 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Additional info
    06-16-08 09:30 AM
    It does not speak turn by turn directions by road name, just says turn left or right in so many feet etc., plus it does not have anyway to list the current gas prices, only gas stations. It also does not lock a gps signal at times unlike Telenav or Garmin, which lock in my house. Other than that it is a nice app. Been trialing it for a few weeks now.
    06-16-08 03:41 PM
    Can't seems to get it working on my Rogers 8310 4.2.xxx

It willl download and install fine. I click on the icon, it asks to set the application permissions, I save the settings, and I get "Please Wait..." Can't seem to get out of that screen without doing a battery pull.

Ryan
    06-17-08 05:29 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD