Is there an app that uses voice to give directions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 05:25 PM
    Yes, it's called a nagging wife, and they complain endlessly when they think you missed the turn
    12-04-08 07:58 PM
    Yes, it's called a nagging wife, and they complain endlessly when they think you missed the turn
    Can I get an A-Men?? Thank you Reverend
    12-04-08 09:07 PM
    Garmin Mobile gives voice directions in a very clear voice. CoPilot Live (no longer available) gave directions in a lovely female British accent, and in keeping with the wife model, if you ignored its route suggestions more than 2-3 times, it would stop talking to you and refuse to give any more help.

Nav4All also gives voice turn-by-turn directions, but I didn't find it particularly accurate where I live.
    12-04-08 10:29 PM
    CoPilot Live (no longer available) gave directions in a lovely female British accent, and in keeping with the wife model, if you ignored its route suggestions more than 2-3 times, it would stop talking to you and refuse to give any more help.
    Oh that's priceless.... made my afternoon anyways
    12-05-08 12:30 AM
    but the silence is priceless
    12-05-08 08:35 AM
    You guys are hilarious. So very true though.
    12-11-08 01:02 PM
    How did a serious thread become so funny? lol
    12-11-08 01:05 PM
    What's even worse is with both in the vehicle and trying to navigate at the same time. I used to use Nav4all and it always wanted me to exit the freeway and cut through the little speed trap towns in my area. The Nav4all would say "Pay Attention!!!" and then if I miss a turn I get the sarcastic "I thought you had a directions thingy" from the wife. All this reminds me of the Jeff Foxworthy bit about traveling and the wife as the navigator. "Drive on the blue road, go a little ways and turn down." "Then I snatch the map from her hands and try to read going 70 mph".

But as Jeff (JeffH that is)said, Garmin works well. I just got it the other day and it seems to blow Nav4all out of the water.
    12-11-08 06:47 PM
    Just got the Garmin GPS app to go with my Storm. Works great-a bit of voice distortion, but very accurate, maps look just like the car Garmin products. No complaints here.
    12-20-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD