The Mrs has just got off the phone to Vodafone as we are due to upgrade, she's getting an S3 but I advised that I'm waiting for BB10. I was told it will be at least June 2013 before they'll be getting them. Not happy in the slightest as I've been with Voda for years and don't really want to change carriers but that's a joke.
    01-08-13 10:32 AM
    The Mrs has just got off the phone to Vodafone as we are due to upgrade, she's getting an S3 but I advised that I'm waiting for BB10. I was told it will be at least June 2013 before they'll be getting them. Not happy in the slightest as I've been with Voda for years and don't really want to change carriers but that's a joke.
    They are likely full of it. I would imagine being one of the largest carriers in the world, Voda will have access to them soon.
    01-08-13 10:33 AM
    Mine went with a Droid DNA, I'm like you, hold out for BB10.....

salute!
    01-08-13 10:38 AM
    Vodafone's website doesn't give a date, but says they will be available "when it launches in the UK". I find it highly unlikely that will be June.

Coming soon: All Vodafone
    01-08-13 10:39 AM
    Customer Advisors usually know jack sh!t so you still have hope especially as someone has shown that the device will be available when it launches in the UK. Voda are usually very good at having devices available especially BlackBerry due to their long established relationship with RIM
    01-08-13 10:42 AM
    Put yourself in his shoes, sell a S3 now or a BB10 later? of course he lied.
    01-08-13 10:45 AM
    Can't believe it will be June... just the usual in-store mushroom taking a guess

01-08-13 10:56 AM
    He offered me 12mth contract on a reduce rate but after six months I could upgrade with same deal he's quoted us today or whatever is avail at the time so that wasn't the reason. The Mrs just has no patience and isn't bothered what phone she gets really. I just cant believe that I've waited and waited the day of launch is nearly here and I get that shish. My poor 9780 is now showing its age but if it has to last it has to last
    Last edited by DiggerB9; 01-08-13 at 11:06 AM. Reason: I can't type properly
    01-08-13 10:58 AM
    This is definitely the reality when the odds are that Vodafone UK is likely to be one of the first carriers to ship a bb10 device.
    01-08-13 01:51 PM
    He offered me 12mth contract on a reduce rate but after six months I could upgrade with same deal he's quoted us today or whatever is avail at the time so that wasn't the reason. The Mrs just has no patience and isn't bothered what phone she gets really. I just cant believe that I've waited and waited the day of launch is nearly here and I get that shish. My poor 9780 is now showing its age but if it has to last it has to last
    You could upgrade, but that would then turn into an 18 month contract and he would have still made his sale to you now which is what he needed.
    01-08-13 01:53 PM
    I spoke to them instore yesterday and they seem to think they will get em at the end of the month

On the phone to them recently and they say they don't do 18 month contracts anymore
    01-08-13 02:13 PM
    I spoke to them instore yesterday and they seem to think they will get em at the end of the month

On the phone to them recently and they say they don't do 18 month contracts anymore
    By 18 months I meant that if you upgraded after 6 months you would have to sign up for an additional 12 months on top of the 6 months you had remaining, hence 18 months.
    01-08-13 02:26 PM