Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By belfastdispatcher
  1. DiggerB9's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Vodafone UK won't have BB10 phones until at least June 2013

    The Mrs has just got off the phone to Vodafone as we are due to upgrade, she's getting an S3 but I advised that I'm waiting for BB10. I was told it will be at least June 2013 before they'll be getting them. Not happy in the slightest as I've been with Voda for years and don't really want to change carriers but that's a joke.
  2. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,746 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerB9 View Post
    The Mrs has just got off the phone to Vodafone as we are due to upgrade, she's getting an S3 but I advised that I'm waiting for BB10. I was told it will be at least June 2013 before they'll be getting them. Not happy in the slightest as I've been with Voda for years and don't really want to change carriers but that's a joke.
    They are likely full of it. I would imagine being one of the largest carriers in the world, Voda will have access to them soon.
    ~S_A
  3. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerB9 View Post
    The Mrs has just got off the phone to Vodafone as we are due to upgrade, she's getting an S3 but I advised that I'm waiting for BB10. I was told it will be at least June 2013 before they'll be getting them. Not happy in the slightest as I've been with Voda for years and don't really want to change carriers but that's a joke.
    Mine went with a Droid DNA, I'm like you, hold out for BB10.....

    salute!
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  4. Banco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    485 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Vodafone's website doesn't give a date, but says they will be available "when it launches in the UK". I find it highly unlikely that will be June.

    Coming soon: All Vodafone
  5. MoolahMitch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Customer Advisors usually know jack sh!t so you still have hope especially as someone has shown that the device will be available when it launches in the UK. Voda are usually very good at having devices available especially BlackBerry due to their long established relationship with RIM
    Regards,

    Moolah Mitch

    Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526
  6. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,425 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #6  

    Default

    Put yourself in his shoes, sell a S3 now or a BB10 later? of course he lied.
  7. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Can't believe it will be June... just the usual in-store mushroom taking a guess

    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
  8. DiggerB9's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Put yourself in his shoes, sell a S3 now or a BB10 later? of course he lied.
    He offered me 12mth contract on a reduce rate but after six months I could upgrade with same deal he's quoted us today or whatever is avail at the time so that wasn't the reason. The Mrs just has no patience and isn't bothered what phone she gets really. I just cant believe that I've waited and waited the day of launch is nearly here and I get that shish. My poor 9780 is now showing its age but if it has to last it has to last
    Last edited by DiggerB9; 01-08-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: I can't type properly
  9. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Put yourself in his shoes, sell a S3 now or a BB10 later? of course he lied.
    This is definitely the reality when the odds are that Vodafone UK is likely to be one of the first carriers to ship a bb10 device.
  10. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerB9 View Post
    He offered me 12mth contract on a reduce rate but after six months I could upgrade with same deal he's quoted us today or whatever is avail at the time so that wasn't the reason. The Mrs just has no patience and isn't bothered what phone she gets really. I just cant believe that I've waited and waited the day of launch is nearly here and I get that shish. My poor 9780 is now showing its age but if it has to last it has to last
    You could upgrade, but that would then turn into an 18 month contract and he would have still made his sale to you now which is what he needed.
  11. mic8310's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    178 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I spoke to them instore yesterday and they seem to think they will get em at the end of the month

    On the phone to them recently and they say they don't do 18 month contracts anymore
  12. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mic8310 View Post
    I spoke to them instore yesterday and they seem to think they will get em at the end of the month

    On the phone to them recently and they say they don't do 18 month contracts anymore
    By 18 months I meant that if you upgraded after 6 months you would have to sign up for an additional 12 months on top of the 6 months you had remaining, hence 18 months.

Similar Threads

  1. BB10 phones won't be worth buying until ...?
    By Rooster99 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
  2. VZW won't activate gifted phone until end of billing cycle?
    By FatTony666 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 11:38 AM
  3. Won't let me answer until phone screen appears (3 rings later)?
    By Queenofmycastle in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 09:40 PM
  4. Trade in your old phone get at LEAST $50 from T-Mobile
    By Hamadeh in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:31 AM
  5. Vodafone UK unlocked phone problems
    By Rokoner in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions