Into work to find no emails on anyones bb including mine, bes server not responding, restarted and still only working for people on wifi, call vodafone to discover 'we are currently aware of blackberry issues' recorded message.

Another friend in another company had exactly the same issue BES crash and no service via vodafone after reboot, both companies looking forward to getting rid of their blackberry and moving to other platforms.

Another Own Goal - Rim needs to sort their carrier reliability out we've had too many bb outages in the last year!

Regards

Damian
    01-11-13 08:47 AM
    They're blaming the wrong people. It seems to be a Vodafone fault.
    01-11-13 08:54 AM
    Another Own Goal - Rim needs to sort their carrier reliability out we've had too many bb outages in the last year!
    Another carrier Own Goal. This is a failure by your carrier, not a RIM failure.
    01-11-13 08:58 AM
    Blame Vodafone. A British company
    01-11-13 09:02 AM
    Why the heck does it matter where a company is from? Firstly it's irrelevant and secondly companies are majority owned by international companies, so Vodafone is hardly a British company anyway...
    01-11-13 09:15 AM
    From a customer point of view its seen as an issues with blackberry as other customers were fine.

Ill ignore the UK company dig, 1 as I'm from the UK and 2 because I like my blackberry but recall last years major outage was a RIM issue (not a UK Company!)

I hope they sort it all out as businesses want ensured service and I much prefer my BB to the Apple / Android offerings

Regards

Damian
    01-11-13 09:15 AM
    my work has the same problem, but has stated it is a Vodafone fault, not a blackberry fault.
    blackberry cant do anything about it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 09:21 AM
    How's Canada's Queen doing by the way?
    Last edited by Banco; 01-11-13 at 09:58 AM.
    bobauckland likes this.
    01-11-13 09:48 AM
    Looks like Microsoft is having it's own issues but like the outages with other platforms they don't seem to get the same bad press as RIM.

Mobile Outlook.com, Hotmail users hit by access troubles | Microsoft - CNET News
    01-11-13 09:49 AM
    Why the heck does it matter where a company is from? Firstly it's irrelevant and secondly companies are majority owned by international companies, so Vodafone is hardly a British company anyway...
    Nooooooo. That came out the wrong way. Not a dig!!!!
    01-11-13 10:06 AM
    From a customer point of view its seen as an issues with blackberry as other customers were fine.
    Were BB users on 3/T-Mobile/Orange having issues? No? Then it's Vodafone's problem.
    01-11-13 10:55 AM
    At lunchtime in the UK BES users were notified by Vodafone of a 'service interruption' affecting Blackberry users. No resolution timeframe was quoted. However, judging by the muted level of complaints it does not seem to have been a major issue. As far as I can tell BIS users were not affected.
    01-11-13 12:00 PM
    How's Canada's Prime Minister doing by the way?
    FTFY
    01-11-13 12:12 PM
    FTFY
    OniBerry likes this.
    01-11-13 12:15 PM
    As far as I can tell BIS users were not affected.
    I was affected and I'm on BIS, Vodafone Portugal ;-)
    01-11-13 02:05 PM
    Fair enough

What really winds me up most about this is how all the news and tech sites used it as a wonderful opportunity to pile in on BB again, some of them not even bothering to post a retraction when it turned out to be Vodafone's fault. If you're going to publish an article every time RIM has an outage, publish one every time Apple, Google or Microsoft have problems too.
    alan510 and BBPandy like this.
    01-12-13 07:24 PM
    Oh ok - :-)

Like I said I like my blackberry so was also disappointed, not in the attitude at work though as when you're there and have 100+ users unable to access their email and the users on other platforms able to work (and its happened several times in the last year) then something has to give.

As a home BIS user who has previously been effected by other network outages I just hope its not a sign the carriers aren't renewing ageing equipment, I'm sure for those of us left they'll replace / upgrade for bb10 but its unfortunate for rim that they'll have lost customers over these issues, the fix times are also poor for a business service in my opinion.

Still I do laugh whenever we have a new year, change to / from bst and the innevitable news that apple's alarm / calendar notifications have failed again and people are late for work! Got caught out by that in the past but fortunately my �5.00 alarm clock had no such problem :-)

Regards

Damian
    01-15-13 12:00 AM