Does anyone know if it is possible to install the software on a PC that has Windows Vista? I keep getting an error message, 2738...VB Scripts error. Sprint couldn't help me.
    02-29-08 12:03 PM
    I'm running Vista and didn't have any problems installing DM or the device OS. My coworker is also on Vista with his 8800 and didn't mention any problems.

Sorry i don't have much actual help for you, but i know that things should work on Vista.
    02-29-08 12:48 PM
    Thanks. Sprint told me that others were having this problem with Vista. Mayeb it's a Sprint problem, not surprising
    02-29-08 12:52 PM
    I got at&t and DM 4.3 runs on my Vista Ultimate box with no problems. Roxio media manager is sucky though. Slow and keeps hanging. So I don't use that. Instead, I have mass storage mode enabled on my SD. card so I just transfer pics n stuff via USB. DM doesn't even have to be running to do that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 01:02 PM
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling. It should work well in Vista...
    03-01-08 02:47 PM
    I am also running on Vista, but I have heard of problems with some CD based installs.

Easy way around that, use the BlackBerry support site for the most current version download. That worked fine on the first attempt.

BlackBerry - PDAs - BlackBerry Support at BlackBerry.com

Look under Downloads and follow the directions.
    03-01-08 03:12 PM
    Does anyone know if it is possible to install the software on a PC that has Windows Vista? I keep getting an error message, 2738...VB Scripts error. Sprint couldn't help me.
    Goto Windows update and make sure you have all updates. I have 4.2 and 4.3 running on Vista Machines with no trouble.
    03-01-08 03:16 PM
    Searching Google for the error message usually leads me to a solution when I am faced with an unknown error message.
    03-01-08 03:55 PM
    Here's your fix:

Problem

The following error message is received while installing, modifying, or uninstalling BlackBerry Desktop Manager:

Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript.

Cause

BlackBerry Desktop Manager requires that Microsoft Visual Basic Script be registered on Microsoft Windows Vista.

Resolution

Complete the appropriate resolution for your environment.

Microsoft Windows 2000/XP

On the Microsoft web site, download the Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 install for your operating system.

Microsoft Windows Vista

Unregistration and re-register the vbscript.dll file. To do so, complete the following steps:
    Select Start > Accessories > right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    The Command Administrator Prompt opens to C:\Windows\system32>
    Unregister the vbscript.dll first and then re-register it C:\Windows\system32> regsvr32 /u vbscript.dll (This unregisters VB Script with your computer.)
    C:\Windows\system32> regsvr32 vbscript.dll (This register VB Script with your computer.)
    A pop-up window will appear, indicating the DLL file was registered successfully.
    Run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation again.
    03-01-08 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD