Purchased a 8530 Curve earlier this week. I loaded only 4 contact names, addresses, etc. Between 1 and 3 a.m. all four of my contacts received a span email from a drug company. The only device that had that combination of contacts was my 8530. I had not used the Blackberry desktop manager at that time. The only connection to the outside world was from my Yahoo mail account on my phone. I loaded more names last night. All of the new contacts had spam this morning.

Does anyone have a solution?
    10-17-10 04:38 PM
    Purchased a 8530 Curve earlier this week. I loaded only 4 contact names, addresses, etc. Between 1 and 3 a.m. all four of my contacts received a span email from a drug company. The only device that had that combination of contacts was my 8530. I had not used the Blackberry desktop manager at that time. The only connection to the outside world was from my Yahoo mail account on my phone. I loaded more names last night. All of the new contacts had spam this morning.

With the main messages folder open, Menu/Option/Email Filters, worked for me.

You can also try, Menu/Options/Security Options/Firewall and choose to receive mail from Contacts only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 10-17-10 at 04:49 PM.
    10-17-10 04:45 PM

Your Yahoo email account was hacked. Your BlackBerry did not send spam. You need to change your Yahoo password but first make sure your your PC does not have a virus that can steal your passwords.
    Last edited by suzicat; 10-17-10 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo
    10-17-10 06:10 PM
    Lookout mobile security has a virus scanner :0
    10-17-10 06:28 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD