Does it? The app looks really cool but I have the 1MB data plan and don't want to use my data plan to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 08:07 PM
    I don't think it does.
    03-13-08 08:19 PM
    Does it? The app looks really cool but I have the 1MB data plan and don't want to use my data plan to use it.
    Viigo is a data heavy application. How it connects is up to you, the capabilities of your device, and the network.

Viigo can retrieve updates via Wi-Fi, EDGE, or whatever. For example, although I have unlimited data with my BIS plan, I have a Wi-Fi network at home, so whenever I go on the net while at home, my 8820 automatically uses the faster Wi-Fi. If I am out, it will use EDGE (ie. the data network).

If you wanted to do this, you'd have to make sure Viigo doesn't auto-update while you are out.

Patrick
    03-14-08 02:52 AM
    Viigo is a data heavy application. How it connects is up to you, the capabilities of your device, and the network.

Viigo can retrieve updates via Wi-Fi, EDGE, or whatever. For example, although I have unlimited data with my BIS plan, I have a Wi-Fi network at home, so whenever I go on the net while at home, my 8820 automatically uses the faster Wi-Fi. If I am out, it will use EDGE (ie. the data network).

If you wanted to do this, you'd have to make sure Viigo doesn't auto-update while you are out.

Patrick
    Im sure there's probably a setting to keep it from auto-updating?

Thx for the help.

EDIT: found it!
    Last edited by sabresrule30; 03-14-08 at 01:57 PM.
    03-14-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD