I can't seem to locate the known issues list for this beta release. I seen the list for beta 1's known issues and I wanted to see if the known issues that held me off from using beta 1 got resolved. Mainly the one about losing all the aticles currently in the channels on the previous install (that is to say upgrading to the beta from the current release version).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 12:52 AM
    Well I belive they fixed but I never had the first one. But when I upgraded it transfered my rss feeds and articles over. I really love this app I can't wait for the final release with podcasts its gonna be sik.

08-08-08 05:48 AM
    Yeah, can't give details but you are right. The most recent beta is pretty sick. They really do have a powerhouse app.

08-08-08 07:49 AM
    I took the plung and downloaded the public beta 2. But before that I send all of the articles (saved, new, etc) that were retrieved by viigo to my email before upgrading. I'm glad I did because it didn't retain the article info only the channel subscriptions from the profile. It was quite a pain since there were quite a lot of saved articles. Am I unusual for saving tons of articles for future reference?

So far so good. I did note a bug I sent in a report for. And sent in a suggestion since there are some changes I noted I prefered how it was before. The most obvious was the change to use the theme font over the screen/keyboad font selection for article listing when opening a channel. The other thing I noted was the change to hotkeys. To go to the next article down the list when viewing an article was "n" and now is "p" which is sort strange seeing as you aren't really going to the previous item but the next item in the list but the previous item if you are going by date/time. Not a huge deal but certainly takes getting used to and a bit less comfortable to cycle down the articles since the "p" is not so natural a place to hold your thumb for extended time.

08-10-08 10:20 AM
    Yeah, can't give details but you are right. The most recent beta is pretty sick. They really do have a powerhouse app.

I agree, Viigo is a great application for being free. It is my favorite for news...
    08-10-08 10:37 AM
    Has anyone else noticed the memory hemmoraging has stopped? My memory seems to be more stable running viigo, than without.

08-10-08 10:46 AM
    Has anyone else noticed the memory hemmoraging has stopped? My memory seems to be more stable running viigo, than without.

Haven't noticed that yet. My memory is optimized kinda extensive(Stoner's guide) so i don't notice that much of a loss. In my opinion, if you manage Viigo correctly it will not use that much memory...
    08-10-08 10:52 AM
    I'll know friday how the memory is compared to the old viigo. I didn't install beta 1 so I can't compare to it. After a fresh reboot my BB has 40MB free. 1 week later it is down to 30MB the 10MB thing has been consistant since I started using viigo and regularly checking web sites. Other than viigo I browse a handful of forums and sites I regularly visit. Only viigo and BB alarms pro run in the background. I have a few other 3rd party apps installed but none of them appear to use up memory beyond the amount from installing them.

08-11-08 01:17 AM
    I agree, Viigo is a great application for being free. It is my favorite for news...
    agreed, love it!
    08-11-08 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD