I was wondering if there was any way i could save/view my text messages to my computer from my bb bold 9780? thanks!
    05-02-11 10:28 PM
    Abc amber is one. There are others but that is the one I used. You just need an ipd converter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 12:55 AM
    you'll need an ipd reader.

berrygrab is one i believe online.
    05-03-11 01:32 AM
    Yes, there is a way to save and view your text messages but your options are few. I was in that dilemma a while back so I wrote a macro to resolve my problem. My macro WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM. It runs on Windows and Excel. The macro parses an IPD file and produces various text file / reports based on the DBs it detects on the IPD file.

First, you have to backup your Blackberry phone with the Blackberry Desktop Manager software. You can get this free from Rim. DTM backup produces an IPD file. This file is used as input to my macro.

My macro will be provided to you free of charge. My services are free as well. Please contact me if you are interested in my macro.

rapanui21 AT yahoo DOT com
    05-26-11 08:10 AM
    cant a normal software do this stuff ? as it does for nokia phones
    05-28-11 12:40 AM
    cant a normal software do this stuff ? as it does for nokia phones
    Depends on your definition of "a normal software".

As indicated above, you need an .IPD reader. (Ignore the SPAM by rapanui21)

ABC Amber is one. MagicBerry is another. Both have free versions.
    05-28-11 05:55 AM
    normal software = which shows everthing on bb like windows explorer look. where u can edit, delete or send sms atgo. easy 2 use.

nokia phones had many of them, simple & easy to use. just connect phone to pc & u can do everything u wanted.

is there any such software ? why doesnt rim make their desktop software like that ?
    05-30-11 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD