Hey everyone, I had a Treo before my BB and I am really missing my emoticons showing on my SMS msgs. I have looked for an app but only found this one --- Emoticons! for BlackBerry :-)

This app only works for emails. I was wondering if I am missing something, can I change my settings so I can view emoticons in SMS msgs or does anyone know of any apps?? I realllllly wish I could figure this out.

Thanks!
    06-13-08 12:21 PM
    SMS only supports 7-bit ASCII. That gives you 160 upper/lower case characters, numerals, and basic punctuation and keyboard characters, and not much else. No emoticons.
    06-13-08 12:27 PM
    i see it's not possible, I did a search on the forums. I thought I'd post this before sunkast goes off on me

(hehe)
    06-13-08 12:28 PM
    thanks JeffH

Maybe someday some smart BB guru will develop an app for us!
    06-13-08 12:29 PM
    Even if there was such an app, only you would be able to view them on your phone. None of your recipients would be able to view them.
    06-13-08 12:56 PM
    yeah not bb users but at least people with other phones could see them right? If they were the basic emoticons that is
    06-13-08 01:20 PM
    No, unfortunately not. Only other BB users who also happened to have that 3rd party app you used to create the emoticons would be able to also view them. It's the same concept as the font style I use on my BB. My texts look nice and pretty to me, but when I text a friend, my message just shows up however normal texts show up on their phone. Ya know??

Mind you, we are talking about a non-existent app, so this is all hypothetical...
    06-13-08 01:25 PM
    if there was a 3rd party app that people could easily put on their phones that worked the same but for different os's
    that would have to be a popular app
    06-13-08 01:43 PM
    I guess I don't know how it works but if I put a : ) , i would figure a : ) is a : ) no matter whatever way you put it in the field...app or no app. I only care about it showing up on my screen b/c most people already have that option on their phone. But oh well, who cares...like you said it's a non-issue.
    06-13-08 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD