i just synced my bb with my gmail address book and now i have a ton of contacts that are just email contacts, no phone number. this is a huge pain when trying to dial from my contact list and scrolling through everyone.. is there a way to make it so that only contacts that have a phone number are viewed?

please help!!
    04-21-09 05:07 PM
    You can. Starting out though it will be a bit tedious. You can assign categories to each contact. For example, you could have a category called phone, another called email. Assign contacts to one or both of those labels, then you can filter which categories you want to view.

I have ask though, why don't you just type the name of the contact you are looking for rather than scrolling through all your contacts?
    04-21-09 05:12 PM
    wow that does sound tedious.. you would think it would only make sense that, at least within the phone, you would only be interested in seeing contacts who you can actually call..

i have a storm, so bringing up the keyboard and typing would take a lot longer than just scrolling through, for me anyways.

You can. Starting out though it will be a bit tedious. You can assign categories to each contact. For example, you could have a category called phone, another called email. Assign contacts to one or both of those labels, then you can filter which categories you want to view.

I have ask though, why don't you just type the name of the contact you are looking for rather than scrolling through all your contacts?
    04-21-09 05:19 PM
    wow that does sound tedious.. you would think it would only make sense that, at least within the phone, you would only be interested in seeing contacts who you can actually call.
    Not really. Having contacts with only an email does makes sense on a device that can send email.
    04-21-09 05:30 PM
    Not really. Having contacts with only an email does makes sense on a device that can send email.
    i meant within the actual phone application. not when you're in your email
    04-21-09 05:36 PM
    i meant within the actual phone application. not when you're in your email
    In that case, you do have a point. Maybe RIM can work on that feature.
    04-21-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD