Semi-new user: Does the BB Curve 8310 support video? I've tried to DL FlashPlayer, but get error msgs each time. Any help or M I just spitting in the wind?
    02-28-08 12:52 PM
    It does, but not in most popular formats, you'd need to convert them.

Check out videos4blackberry.info for more info.
    02-28-08 01:08 PM
    Thanks for reply, wasn't clr enuf, wuz thinking about movies and tv shows. My job requires that I spend a lot of time waiting for sumpt to happen and a little entertainment would be nice. . .ran thru MP3s in two days and don't need reruns.
    02-28-08 01:11 PM
    Ya, we're talking about the same thing.

That site collects TV shows (and a few movies) and converts them using the 3GPP converter so that the average user doesn't have to.

BUT....the site also has a link to the converter so you can download it and convert your own vids.

The Blackberry doesn't support things like avi's, so just transferring the files over to the blackberry isn't enough. You'll need to convert them using 3GPP and then send them over to the BB.
    02-28-08 01:22 PM
    Just to add some info... The Curve doesn't currently support flash content.
    02-28-08 01:30 PM
    And just for the sake of completeness, here's the direct link to the converter program.

Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter,AVI to 3GP,MPEG to 3GP,MOV to 3GP,3GP Converter,3G2 Converter
    02-28-08 01:33 PM
    Hi,

Only because I didn't know any better, I converted two files using Blackberry Video Converter (free). This created .avi files which I moved without further conversion to my 8310 using the Desktop Manager. They both seem to play without a problem.

One file was a DVD (Matrix) and the other was from YouTube.

Just my 2 cents.

Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter

Just tell the program you have an 88XX.
    Last edited by hangaright; 03-02-08 at 01:35 PM.
    03-02-08 01:23 PM
    I have been using Amirsoft (or something like that) DVD to mp4 convertor and that works great. Good to have videos on my flights!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 05:25 PM
    Keep in mind that .avi is not a type of encoding but just a container for different types of video content. This may mean that some avi's work while others don't!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD