So I just want to be able to watch some stupid movies. I have them as a AVI format and when I copy them over using the Media manager It asks if I want to convert it for optimal playback. I select yes and it takes about 4hours to convert the movie and copy/ After its done the video is great but no sound.

I can convert it to a lower quality and still have sound but the picture is not good.

There has to be a better/faster way. 4 hours to convert a 600meg video file is crazy.

Any suggestions?
    12-26-08 11:39 AM
    Turn on Mass storage and just drag and drop the videos into the movie folder on your media card. The media manager is a waste of time.
    12-26-08 12:40 PM
    ok but then how will I play it full screen?
    12-26-08 02:11 PM
    There are a few other programs that do conversions. Myself, I'm a bit lazy and try to stick with what manufacturers provide with me out of the box (it may not be pretty, but it gets the job done).

One thought is make sure you're converting something that's on your local computer or hard drive. I've found that converting something on an external drive can take a lot longer. Also, it's an .avi file, but is it a supported format/codec? Also, there is a chance the installation of Media Manager went crazy and something is buggered up, so maybe a reinstall of the program or Desktop Manager is required?

But before all of that, maybe even a battery pull and reset of the device might cure things?
    12-26-08 03:35 PM
    .avi under the XviD and DivX codec will play for the most part on the storm with No conversion, just copy them direct to the media card, bypassing the media manager garbage.
    12-26-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD