I've noticed when I receive / send videos via MMS, the quality comes out poorly. Even a while back when I had my iPhone 5 and my friends had iPhone 4/4S, whenever I sent them a video, it would come out terribly. So I know this isn't BB10 specific. But is there a way to send videos via MMS while still without sacrificing video quality?
    05-31-15 02:13 PM
    No. MMS is limited by carriers to only send tiny sized files. Video in original quality is too big for MMS. You'll need to share the videos in a different manner if you wish to share full resolution.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    05-31-15 02:27 PM
    The current MMS protocol just doesn't allow for HQ (or even low quality, but long) videos to be sent over carrier networks. They don't want their networks crippled.

So alternatives I can think of are:

-Dropbox/cloud. Upload and text the link
    -YouTube. Upload and text the link. You may be able to make videos private so that they are not searchable and only viewable by link sharing, but you're still uploading it to Google.
    -Get a third party app (BBM, etc.) that allows video sharing when installed on both smartphones. You still may not be able to share HQ or very long videos, but you'll get more than MMS.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-15 02:37 PM