Hey CB nation.
    I posted my 9900 question in the 9900 forum , got 60 views , no answers, so maybe you could help. was going to consider an upgrade from my 9800 torch to the 9900 BOLD. wanted a question answered. how does the BOLD handle media compared to the Torch? seems, many e-mails with videos I receive cannot be viewed or are not supported om my device. Is the BOLD better equipped to handle media and flash content better than the Torch, or is it the same? just wondering, I really hate the fact that many formats are not supported, was hoping the BOLD is better?

sorry double post>
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 11-20-11 at 06:50 PM.
    11-20-11 06:43 PM
    wow thats wierd,my pearl 9105 on os5 can read video emails :O

you sure its not a phone or software problem?
    11-20-11 06:46 PM
    am kind of tired of getting e-mails on my phone, try to open , just to get the message this is not supported , or need flash, etc, was just wondering, does the BOLD with OS 7 handle more media content than the OS ^ phones?
    11-20-11 06:58 PM
    probabally will,99% sure it would work
    11-20-11 07:06 PM
    The issue really isn't about media formats that can be played. After all the Torch 9800 can handle viewing many different video formats: AVI, 3GP, MP4, MOV, and WMV will all play on the 9800 (admittedly, for the most part) and the Bold 9900 will play the same formats plus 3GP2 videos. If your friends are trying to send you flash movies, no they will not play. A flash player is not included on the 9900 (or the 9800 for that matter). Hope this helps.
    tcseacliff likes this.
    11-20-11 08:07 PM
    sounds like will have the same issues with the bold. I think it was the flash content thast was the problem. why doesn't RIM include this format? I know many phones will go to HTML, but for now I like my Blackberries and would like to use flash, wish they would come up with a solution.
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 11-20-11 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spell check
    11-20-11 08:23 PM
    You do realize that Adobe hasn't released a version Flash that is compatible and that THAT is what the problem is, right?
    11-20-11 09:23 PM
    I realize that adobe announced their not pursuing mobile flash, just was unsure if RIM had a workaround for that.thought maybe the BOLD was different. why is adobe the only game in town? and why are some phones not compatible? annoying , for sure!
    11-20-11 09:32 PM
    And Adobe is no longer even going to support flash on mobile devices since even they have conceded that html5 is the future of browser based video. And BB is not the only phone that doesn't support flash, Apple doesn't either, only the Android OS supports flash and that is one of the reasons that many Android phone are pretty hard on their batteries. And why RIM and Apple were not willing to support flash at the cost of battery life.

CS
    tcseacliff likes this.
    11-20-11 09:38 PM
    I guess I had thought I had read that there was a flash alternative. I think it was the HTML referred to. well, guess we will see what the next gen of flash is, maybe we can all get along!
    11-20-11 09:45 PM
    Sounds like instead of using that money towards the 9900, if your current device is working fine, just swoop one of the playbook deals happening, that would cover all your flash issues
    11-21-11 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD