I know in reality Google play is much better, but it's little victories like this that can help revive BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:32 AM.
    09-02-13 10:13 PM
    Any victory is a good victory these days.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:31 PM
    Guess that dismisses the argument that BlackBerry is for business people.
    09-02-13 10:46 PM
    I have that app, and I"ll be using it this year for my university as well!

Just wondering, did you need it running for it to automatically detect you're in class?
    09-02-13 11:00 PM
    That's just great. I think most people are upset with blackberry because they took so long to upgrade and it cause them ppl aren't patient anymore and most are just waggonest if there's such a word all they do is ride on the good boat but as soon as it start to sink they jumpship I'm not one to do that I love bb I'm from Jamaica and Most of the bb that we use are old ones from OS 4 to 7 just a fee bbos 10 here now we don't get the support from blackberry or the updates of OS over our Carries we so them manually.so with all that said and done I'm a die hearted bb fan just love a good product

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4030A using CB Forums mobile app
    09-02-13 11:12 PM
    Guess that dismisses the argument that BlackBerry is for business people.
    Or it makes the argument that BlackBerry is not only for business people but also for presumably younger people furthering their education.................
    09-02-13 11:22 PM
    Or it makes the argument that BlackBerry is not only for business people but also for presumably younger people furthering their education.................
    At the same time, I hope the BB faithfuls here won't extend this idea and claim that other platforms are "toys, not tools"

Just to prevent that, Android has quite a few student-centered apps, like:
    Blackboard (more or less the industry standard):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kboard.android
    or:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.moodlemobile
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cbtec.eliademy
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....classbuddypro
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sSchedule.paid
    and many others (including specific school/university apps).
    09-02-13 11:34 PM
    The smirk I had on my face was from ear to ear, "BlackBerry doesn't have ANY apps you say?"
    Well, according to your own post, not even your own friends claimed there weren't any apps:

They told me to switch saying BlackBerry doesn't offer as many apps.
    Saying BB10 "doesn't offer as many" is not the same as saying it "doesn't have any".
    09-02-13 11:37 PM
    Well, according to your own post, not even your own friends claimed there weren't any apps:

Saying BB10 "doesn't offer as many" is not the same as saying it "doesn't have any".
    You must be Sooooo fun at parties

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 12:00 AM
    I have that app, and I"ll be using it this year for my university as well!

Just wondering, did you need it running for it to automatically detect you're in class?
    Yea I noticed it needs to be in active frame for it to work. Gahh headless apps ASAP!!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 12:01 AM
    Yea I noticed it needs to be in active frame for it to work. Gahh headless apps ASAP!!

Posted via CB10
    Crap, also, how do you need to enter the address for it to detect the right location?
    09-03-13 01:05 AM
    You must be Sooooo fun at parties

Posted via CB10
    I totally guffawed at this.
    09-03-13 09:12 AM
    Crap, also, how do you need to enter the address for it to detect the right location?
    Hard to explain, but once you are inside your classroom you press set as location. It goes by gps location not address

Posted via CB10
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    09-03-13 10:36 AM
    Any victory is a good victory these days.

Posted via CB10
    Agree! =0)

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:04 AM
    I missed putting "only" for business people. I never agreed with that argument, but it sure gets thrown around a lot.
    09-03-13 11:08 AM
    AN ACTUAL GOOD APP IS AVAILABLE ON BlackBerry WORLD AND NOT GOOGLE PLAY!!!!!

The smirk I had on my face was from ear to ear, "BlackBerry doesn't have ANY apps you say?"

I know in reality Google play is much better, but it's little victories like this that can help revive BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that unless their big developers many of the BB apps will only be on BB. When I used WebOS all the names of the apps were different since it was made by a small developer or person just for WebOS. Same is the case here. If you have your friends go under apps for education in the Google Play Store you'll find apps like "My Homework." Check out the link. It's very nice. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.myhomeowork
    bekkay likes this.
    09-03-13 11:49 AM
    I just did a forum search for the OfCourse app looking for more information on it. All I got were results where posters mistyped "of course". So much for higher education.

Great looking app but I noticed one major flaw - you can only have one start and end time for a course even across different days. Maybe that's how it works at university these days, but it rules out any high-schooler from using this app.
    09-03-13 11:49 AM