I went to the Handango website yesterday and downloaded it to my Blackberry Curve 8320. Didn't really mess with it and a couple of hours later, I was talking on then phone and all of a sudden the screen and the keyboard went out. At first I thought that the power was out and the phone was off. After discovering that I can call people by using the "voice dialing" feature and that I could receive calls, I knew that wasn't it. I have removed the battery and left it out for several hours thinking that could be the problem but that has not corrected my problem. I need some serious help because this phone is vitally important to me being productive at my job.
    05-11-08 10:50 PM
    What IS "it"? What did you download?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 10:56 PM
    Remove handango. You don't need it. If you did a backup before you did the handango dl, do a restore to that backup.

05-11-08 11:00 PM
    "it" is i guess the drivers for that particular software. i hadn't backed up all of my data on my phone prior to installing handango but i can still access my phone through the desktop manager. i can't do anything on the device itself. whatever i do has to be done throught the desktop manager.
    05-11-08 11:11 PM
    Do you have a backup at all?
    Contacts?
    Can you get to the advanced options or the security options on the handset?

05-11-08 11:25 PM
    I had no idea you could download the website to your device, I did some research and see now what you're talking about.

Sounds like your blackberry is essentially bricked! You have no display or backlight to your keypad...

This seems to be bad download for blackberry users from what I found. Personally I'm not a fan of handango anyhow! I only buy from Crackberry! :-)

A search on the forum for how to repair a bricked blackberry may help you... Hard for me to do on wap!!

05-12-08 01:47 AM
    i had done a backup around the 2nd of May and i was able to do a backup yesterday after all this problem happened. i'm going to try and access the advanced options from my laptop using the desktop manager.
    05-12-08 06:08 AM
    do you have any other suggestions. after doing the search for how to repair a bricked blackberry, the only thing that came up was our discussion
    05-12-08 06:15 AM
    Follow this link, it should help you!!

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Sorry I couldn't be more specific in my earlier post - I was on WAp and it would've taken me forever to do the search/paste function for you!!

Good luck...
    05-12-08 07:44 AM
    +1 for pashan. Follow the guide, then do a restore, it'll put everything but your downloaded apps back.
    GL

Last edited by fonebrkr; 05-12-08 at 08:39 AM.
    05-12-08 08:32 AM
    i went ahead and just got another 8320. thanks for all your help.
    05-14-08 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD