It sill pales in comparison to Google maps. To find anything I have to type it in google first to find the address. With Google maps, just start typing a general description of where you're going and voila.. it finds your destination.

Posted via CB10
    Google doesn't always do the trick. I was on my way to an airport abroad last night using a gps which sent me into a village maze. One of my passengers was rocking a brand new S5 and the other a 4S. Neither one was able to get the directions right. Ultimately, I fired up BlackBerry Maps and we got to the airport 15 minutes later. Navigation was spot on. It does what it needs to do.

Google Maps is a great app, I recognise. But, if having to look up an address in the browser is too much to handle, I don't know what to say to you. I think a lot of people in general have gotten really lazy with apps and stuff. By the way, BlackBerry Maps has always found the addresses I sought for by company names. I never had to resort to the browser for that. Even in smaller, less populated villages.
    07-05-14 08:19 PM
    I just don't like how you can't look around during navigation. Like when you try to move the map, the only way is if you cancel the route... I think that's so dumb, I need to do that often, with the other navigation programs you're free to look around, then just touch "resume" to get back to the navigation. They need to fix that...

Oh, that and show the damn exit numbers on the highways for crying out loud... Not during navigation but while just viewing the map. I want to see the exits labeled with the exit numbers...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    You don't have to cancel, just hit the button on the bottom right and it will bring you to the overhead view which shows your route, where you are and allows you to zoom in and out and move around, then hit the back button on the lower right of your screen and your back to turn by turn.
    07-05-14 08:32 PM
    You don't have to cancel, just hit the button on the bottom right and it will bring you to the overhead view which shows your route, where you are and allows you to zoom in and out and move around, then hit the back button on the lower right of your screen and your back to turn by turn.
    That's way too many things to do. Google maps or any other navigation I've used, you can just easily look around where you currently are in the middle of navigation. No need to press anything, rezoom, anything...

07-05-14 09:07 PM
    Yes, the POI has improved immensely since 10.0. Now there are times when I can find places using BlackBerry Maps and not Google.

What I would like, though, is to be able to map a route from location A to location B. In this case, location A isn't where I am presently. You can only seem to map from where I currently am to a destination.

Posted via CB10
    Check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=938104

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    07-06-14 11:17 AM
    That's way too many things to do. Google maps or any other navigation I've used, you can just easily look around where you currently are in the middle of navigation. No need to press anything, rezoom, anything...

Agree. BlackBerry Maps still fall short on this. There are things BlackBerry Maps do well too. The point I was gladly making is: they have improved so much.
    07-06-14 02:00 PM
    I have a great idea if BlackBerry could add to the BlackBerry maps..

You know how those weather animation are, if BlackBerry could pull the information from one of the apps and use those animations as a background to the maps that would be sick.. when it rains, rain drops on the navigation screen would go hand in hand with the conditions outside..)

Posted via CB10
    Lol. That's great.
    Then you would know to turn on the windshield wipers.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:20 PM
    I used to love BlackBerry maps. Everything loaded up so fast, faster than any of my friends, until like last month. Where it kept sending me in wrong directions, and it has happened a couple times ever since.
    I don't know what the issue is it probably has to be updated.
    And another thing the have to do better in knowing exactly where you are, I had a time where I was at a light and out of nowhere it changed routes saying I was on the opposite lane.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 08:01 PM
    Was very satisfied with BlackBerry maps as well over the long weekend here in canada. Real happy with the improvements.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 08:45 PM
    BlackBerry maps is pathetically insufficient compared to google maps.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:44 PM
    me to... last week for a job interview it said "traffic incident reported" and it took me around it. I was like this POS took me the wrong way and then bam was super pleasantly surprised.

I deleted my snap - google maps which is now terrible!!! always gives bad estimates and puts you in traffic and always tolls even if i take it off. It just doesn't work well. gmaps used to be the best...but now bb10 is.
    07-14-14 12:10 AM
35 12