Hello all knowing ones. I'm curious about the battery usage on my Curve. It seems like some times the it hardly drains at all at night and then other times it's almost dead by the morning. Are apps like Opera or BrickBreaker or google maps running still in the background if I am in the middle of using them and then just hit the red end call button to check my messages while they are still on? Do these apps need to actually be closed or are they using up the battery charge in the background??
    04-10-08 12:08 PM
    You should use the escape key to exit out of programs. If you use the end call button, they will continue to run in the background.
    04-10-08 12:10 PM
    I charge mine every night. Normally I use 25% of battery that's a normal light day. Say around 20 mins of calls, 30 mins of bb messenger and a bit of cb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-08 01:43 PM
    A way to check is hold alt+escape(back) and that allows you to see whats open. Easy way to close most apps is hold the escape for approx 2 secs, although some apps menu and exit are necessary
    04-10-08 03:37 PM
    I find that if I use "BlackBerry Tracker," which relays my GPS position to a website at pre-defined intervals, the rate of battery consumption increases exponentially. Without that app running, I use maybe 25% of my battery's capacity in a normal day. So yes, most likely if you recently noticed a drastic change, something is probably running in the background.
    04-10-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD