Dear New Verizon Tour Users:

I just bought a new Verizon Tour. I have a 2009 Acura TL with navig. and bluetooth. The phone syncs up well with the Car's bluetooth. However, the sound quality is POOR. People say that I sound far away or low volume. Also, the sound quality from the car's stereo system while on a call is distorted and poor. Some calls sounds ok, but many are distored. This NEVER happened with my LG EnV Touch or with my older Palm Treo 700. Sound thorugh my bluetooth was flawless with the LG EnV. No one ever complained. My car has state of the art bluetooth, so I doubt it is an Acura issue since the other phones worked fine. I even tried a Blackberry World Edition and sound was great through the car's bluetooth.

This is the second Tour I have received from Verizon because they said the first phone was the likely problem. WRONG!!! This second phone is no better. What a HUGE disappointment.

I here from Acura that they are still testing the Tour. Their website indicated that the Blackberry Curve operates flawlessly with my car, so I probably have to downgrade to that phone.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!
    Last edited by DJK1814; 08-19-09 at 11:43 PM.
    08-19-09 11:29 PM
    There's a STICKY thread at the very top about this.
    08-19-09 11:41 PM
    Dear New Verizon Tour Users:

I just bought a new Verizon Tour. I have a 2009 Acura TL with navig. and bluetooth. The phone syncs up well with the Car's bluetooth. However, the sound quality is POOR. People say that I sound far away or low volume. Also, the sound quality from the car's stereo system while on a call is distorted and poor. Some calls sounds ok, but many are distored. This NEVER happened with my LG EnV Touch or with my older Palm Treo 700. Sound thorugh my bluetooth was flawless with the LG EnV. No one ever complained. My car has state of the art bluetooth, so I doubt it is an Acura issue since the other phones worked fine. I even tried a Blackberry World Edition and sound was great through the car's bluetooth.

This is the second Tour I have received from Verizon because they said the first phone was the likely problem. WRONG!!! This second phone is no better. What a HUGE disappointment.

I here from Acura that they are still testing the Tour. Their website indicated that the Blackberry Curve operates flawlessly with my car, so I probably have to downgrade to that phone.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!
    I have the SAME problem! I can barely hear anyone because the sound coming through is so garbled. I feel like it's because when the phone is going through the nav system the phone volume is on high.
    09-04-09 03:43 PM
    There's a STICKY thread at the very top about this.
    Yep, http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ca...e-well-267206/
    09-04-09 04:33 PM
    I have an 05 TL and my tour works flawlessly with no issues.
    09-04-09 04:57 PM
    Today my Tour gave my '07 Range Rover's stereo a tummy ache when I tried using Pandora on it. The volume would slowly lower until I could hear nothing at all. I unplugged to phone and it did it to me again while listening to a CD...but as far as I know it has stopped.

As to Bluetooth mine works fine...people used to complain that there was an echo when I used my 8830 with the car though.
    09-04-09 05:05 PM
    Which the OP knew about because the identical post was made in the sticky thread.
    09-04-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD