Ahhhhhh

Verizon OS update is OTA now!!!-img_20150706_091751.png

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:18 AM
    Just got the update!! I was already on 10.3.2.798 so, I am not sure why i got the update.
    Verizon OS update is OTA now!!!-img_20150706_121432.png

http://djteknision.podomatic.com. Teknision (All mix No talk) Podcast
    07-06-15 11:23 AM
    Indeed it is!
    07-06-15 11:27 AM
    Ditto... but I dun-wanna it.
    It's a mandatory update and is pushing even though I have updates turned off.
    Lucky for me, it ran out of room and is paused.
    Currently on 10.3.0.908
    peter0328 likes this.
    07-06-15 11:29 AM
    Got it, but for some reason my phone thinks it doesn't have enough space. Guess it's time for a reset.
    Never mind, just updated through Link
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theone06; 07-06-15 at 02:03 PM.
    07-06-15 11:30 AM
    Still waiting... (Netherlands)

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-06-15 11:32 AM
    I don't want this update. In fact, I turned the automatic updates OFF because I want to be able to roll back to an OS that still works with my MOGA. Very bad form to disrespect the user's choice to opt out and force it on them.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, Carl Estes, raino and 1 others like this.
    07-06-15 11:40 AM
    Ditto. I'm refusing this OS. And if Verizon upgrades me, I'll ask for a full refund on my 2 year old phone. My phone was sold to me as Flash compatible and having Adobe Air. I must be compensated for any software update that mandatorily removes these things.
    Carl Estes and peter0328 like this.
    07-06-15 11:41 AM
    Got mine too. I can always wipe and reload last leak if I don't like it. Nice to see it though.
    07-06-15 12:19 PM
    Looks like hell froze over.

Verizon OS update is OTA now!!!-img_20150706_132920.png

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 12:30 PM
    Got mine too. I can always wipe and reload last leak if I don't like it. Nice to see it though.
    No going back from 10.3.2. You can not load earlier OS. Certainly not 10.3.
    07-06-15 12:30 PM
    What the hell? Why is it updating without my permission and auto updates turned off? I haven't had a chance to do a full back up and am freaking out. It's still downloading, am I going to be able to keep it from installing?

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    Attachment 361192
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-06-15 12:47 PM
    Disconnect from network. But it should be non-destructive. A mandatory full OS update is ridiculous!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-06-15 12:48 PM
    I don't want this update. In fact, I turned the automatic updates OFF because I want to be able to roll back to an OS that still works with my MOGA. Very bad form to disrespect the user's choice to opt out and force it on them.

Posted via CB10
    I was just downloading this update set with Sachesi when I checked and it had already started on my phone. I guess I'm getting it now whether I like it or not. Verizon certainly can act fast and arbitrary when IT wants to.
    07-06-15 12:54 PM
    Got mine this morning. Woohoo! Nice surprise to wake up. Thanks Verizon for continuing to support BB.

I don't get the negativity? Everyone on Verizon complains about slow updates and skipping versions, etc, They put out an update to latest 10.3.2 and now complain and don't want it? 10.3.2 has been the best for me - much better than 10.3.1.
    ultra07, sam81, jordan559 and 2 others like this.
    07-06-15 12:57 PM
    Ditto. I'm refusing this OS. And if Verizon upgrades me, I'll ask for a full refund on my 2 year old phone. My phone was sold to me as Flash compatible and having Adobe Air. I must be compensated for any software update that mandatorily removes these things.
    You will be updated. I have Automatic Software Updates OFF, and it pushed to my phone, installed, and is pending restart. If I don't restart within 48hrs, it will restart itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:02 PM
    I have a Z10 on the latest 10.3.2. I have Z30 on 10.3.0. 10.3.2 is not that great. Certainly nothing over 10.3.0 to make up for the loss of Flash in the native browser and the loss of Adobe Air preventing me from accessing an older .bar file necessary to enable Hotspot and Tethering.
    wagnrb likes this.
    07-06-15 01:03 PM
    Got mine this morning. Woohoo! Nice surprise to wake up. Thanks Verizon for continuing to support BB.

I don't get the negativity? Everyone on Verizon complains about slow updates and skipping versions, etc, They put out an update to latest 10.3.2 and now complain and don't want it? 10.3.2 has been the best for me - much better than 10.3.1.
    1) I was already on 10.3.1. I was on the OS version I wished to use with this device. Verizon skipping OS versions doesn't affect me.

2) 10.3.1 breaks compatibility with an expensive gamepad that I purchased specifically to use with my BB10 phones. This purchase was made due to BlackBerry's own developer web site claiming compatibility with it.

3) If I want to use said gamepad, I can at least roll back to 10.3.0.

4) 10.3.2 blocks me from rolling back to earlier OS versions, making the gamepad completely useless with my phone until/if BlackBerry fixes the issue they acknowledged back in May.

5) Because of the reasons above, I specifically disabled automatic updates. Despite this, the update was pushed to the device against my wishes.

I don't see what is so hard to understand about being a little salty about how they're going about this. I haven't rebooted into it yet. Wondering if running "cfp resetqnxosregion" would stop it from installing the update until it tries to force it again?
    07-06-15 01:08 PM
    Just got it! ^_^ Will download and install by tomorrow night.
    Verizon OS update is OTA now!!!-img_20150706_140633.png

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:19 PM
    1) I was already on 10.3.1. I was on the OS version I wished to use with this device. Verizon skipping OS versions doesn't affect me.

2) 10.3.1 breaks compatibility with an expensive gamepad that I purchased specifically to use with my BB10 phones. This purchase was made due to BlackBerry's own developer web site claiming compatibility with it.

3) If I want to use said gamepad, I can at least roll back to 10.3.0.

4) 10.3.2 blocks me from rolling back to earlier OS versions, making the gamepad completely useless with my phone until/if BlackBerry fixes the issue they acknowledged back in May.

5) Because of the reasons above, I specifically disabled automatic updates. Despite this, the update was pushed to the device against my wishes.

I don't see what is so hard to understand about being a little salty about how they're going about this. I haven't rebooted into it yet. Wondering if running "cfp resetqnxosregion" would stop it from installing the update until it tries to force it again?
    It was suggested to me to turn off the mobile network connection, which is a temporary fix at best.

07-06-15 01:19 PM
    that's just dumb, there are so many fixes for this. been on 10.3.1 with third party browsers that give me flash no issues. this OS is to enable a feature for protect that cant be disabled.
    07-06-15 01:30 PM
    that's just dumb, there are so many fixes for this. been on 10.3.1 with third party browsers that give me flash no issues. this OS is to enable a feature for protect that cant be disabled.
    I am dumb of many things. Of this however - I am not. Your statement is ignorant. First, a work-around is not a fix. Using a separate and additional Flash browser that has intermittent issues is not a Fix for removing a single native browser capable of seamless flash. 2nd Those of us on a BES can not load a separate browser or anything else on to the work side of our devices. Using the work browser to locate, identify and distribute real property documents posted from more than 2 dozen municipal websites (part of my job) requires Flash.
    3rd - There is no workaround or fix for the loss of Adobe Air. As I said the loss of Air prevents me from loading a prior Bar file, which was necessary for the use of Hot Spot and Tethering.

4th - no one - not here on Crackberry or walking down your block needs to explain to you or anyone else why they may personally feel upset or slighted by a mandatory forced upgrade that removes anything from their device they were told the device would contain when purchased. For that matter....
    07-06-15 01:40 PM

Simple. It's MY phone and I choose what I want on it, NOT VZW, regardless of justifications or excuses. I purposely have held back because I prefer to lag an update or two behind in case there are problems, and I also wanted to keep native Flash and Adobe Air, not some glitchy browser workaround. My choice, not theirs.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:48 PM
    It was suggested to me to turn off the mobile network connection, which is a temporary fix at best.

I don't recommend interrupting the download, as previously, many complaints of corrupted files and problems from network interruptions during an OS update. Just being cautious.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:55 PM
    I don't recommend interrupting the download, as previously, many complaints of corrupted files and problems from network interruptions during an OS update. Just being cautious.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I was just passing on something suggested to me.

07-06-15 02:05 PM
138 123 ...