I am on a family plan with Verizon for my families business so I can't switch companies, it works for the business...But, the BB's they have Curve9330 , Curve8530 and Storm9550 are not of interest and simply nowhere near the BEST ranked BB's out there right now. --- Can I buy ANY BB I want that is UNLOCKED and have verizon link it up for me or MUST it be ONE of the BB's they sell or have sold in the past? ANY help is greatly appreciated!!!

08-11-11 10:51 AM
    I am not 100% sure but I think you HAVE to have a Verizon branded phone to run on its services. Don't rely on this because your best answer is your nearest VZW store!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 11:32 AM
    I think as long as the phone is CDMA, you should be good to go. Soooooo, from an American carrier's perspective, you only option would be Sprint.

But that being said, the 9930 should be out on Verizon soon and that will be THE flagship full-QWERTY blackberry.
    08-11-11 12:00 PM
    Some Blackberry devices by Verizon are "World devices" that can also work with sim cards after they have their SIM Lock removed.

By unlocking Blackberry with a sim slot you will turn the device free for use with any GSM SIM card - you can use it worldwide.
    08-11-11 12:02 PM
    Verizon is CDMA so your only chance is to find another CDMA blackberry and flash it to verizon. But there is not a 100% chance that will work. Unlocked blackberrys are GSM (AT&T) GSM Networks use SIM cards while CDMA does not.
    08-11-11 12:11 PM
    Simple answer is Verizon isn't going to allow you to use another CDMA carrier's BB on their network. If you do it will probably take lots of work just to do so. Go on craigslist and find a cheap 8330/8530 to use for a bit until the 9930 arrives.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    08-11-11 04:03 PM
    As was said, or guessed, Verizon will NOT accept any phone that isn't theirs. EVER. Period.
    08-11-11 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD