For those of you who have not heard verizon has been hacked. Mainly their Fios database. You can find the link to ZDnet on androidcentral.com somewhere in the ball park of 3million. But 300,000 have been leaked online
- 12-23-2012, 02:21 AM #2
The ZDNet story is inaccurate. This incident was reported to the authorities when we first learned of it months ago and an investigation was launched. Many of the details surrounding this incident are incorrect and exaggerated. No Verizon systems were breached, no root access was gained, and this incident impacted a fraction of the number of individuals being reported.
We take any and all attempts to violate consumer and customer privacy and security very seriously, so we notified individuals who could potentially have been impacted and took immediate steps to safeguard their information and privacy. Verizon has also notified law enforcement of this recent report as a follow-up to the original case.
- By Wolf-Strong in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 9Last Post: 12-14-2010, 03:44 PM
- By Wolf-Strong in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-13-2010, 01:32 AM
- By bigonfun in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
- By bigonfun in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
- By theberryaddict in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM