...word around the campfire is that the $5 billion or so VzW has to pay apple for the rights to use the iphone has something to do with it.

Warning for those out there (including myself) that was just arbitrarily screwed because of a phone I don't even want.
    01-12-11 07:55 PM
    ...word around the campfire is that the $5 billion or so VzW has to pay apple for the rights to use the iphone has something to do with it.

Warning for those out there (including myself) that was just arbitrarily screwed because of a phone I don't even want.
    Where is the campfire?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 08:05 PM

VZW is reviewing their policy on upgrades based on some kind of sliding scale.

This article will outline the policy:

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...nths-new-phone

Also they are most likely going to drop their 30 day return policy down to 14 days.

Jump to the link and read it for yourself.
    01-12-11 08:09 PM

Verizon recently told me my wife's phone isn't eligible for an early upgrade (unless you want to count 20 months as ahem, "early"). scum suckers. great network--terrible consumer practices, and high prices.
    01-12-11 08:09 PM
    dave and look who we are both with putting up with their wonderful policies. Thankfully I go to March and I am upgradeable and will be taking advantage of it.
    01-12-11 08:12 PM
    dave and look who we are both with putting up with their wonderful policies. Thankfully I go to March and I am upgradeable and will be taking advantage of it.
    I'm eligible Feb 13, but feel bad for my wife's delayed eligibility. She deserves a new phone too, so I'll just have to find a way to get a great deal on a new phone--MAYBE through Amazon. WE'll see. thanks a lot, VERIZON, for making this so damn DIFFICULT.
    01-12-11 08:20 PM
    Also they are most likely going to drop their 30 day return policy down to 14 days.

Jump to the link and read it for yourself.
    I haven't heard that buuuut i'm not surprised.

Quite frankly, i'm expecting lots of negative impacts from this.

I guess except for those wanting iphones, it's all gold to them right now.
    01-12-11 08:28 PM
    I'm eligible Feb 13, but feel bad for my wife's delayed eligibility. She deserves a new phone too, so I'll just have to find a way to get a great deal on a new phone--MAYBE through Amazon. WE'll see. thanks a lot, VERIZON, for making this so damn DIFFICULT.
    I must say that of all the 3rd parties Amazon does offer killer deals through all the carriers including ours. i know for a fact based on the newsletters i get from them a couple of times a week from buying from them that they are advertising killer deals on Android phones and also don't forget Best Buys FREE Fridays. Every friday they offer free phones from each carrier. Last week you could get a Driod X from Motorola or an Incredible by HTC from VZW and they even extended it. Go to Bestbuy.com and check out these deals.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-12-11 08:32 PM
    I haven't heard that buuuut i'm not surprised.

Quite frankly, i'm expecting lots of negative impacts from this.

I guess except for those wanting iphones, it's all gold to them right now.
    If you go to the same link I provided above you can read about them thinking about the drop to 14 days.
    01-12-11 08:34 PM
    Where is the campfire?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Verizon iPhone finally comes calling- MSN Money

This implies a $300-$500 subsidy, per phone, that must be paid to apple.

All too convenient. Bankroll the total sum by dropping early upgrades to ALL customers on the network, including the additional $100 that comes with "new every two", etc.
    01-12-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD