Hi all,

I've received various reports as to whether the Verizon 8330 GPS works with third-party software, or just VZ Navigator. It seems to work with BlackBerry Maps, but I can't get it to work with Google Maps or Nav4All. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to get access to the GPS capabilities of the device I own, without having to pay Verizon's $10 a month extortion for VZ Nav...
    03-17-09 01:11 PM
    It works with BB Maps and VZW Nav. That's it I'm pretty sure. Still locked for most other 3rd party apps.
    03-17-09 01:14 PM
    Right now Verison Blackberries on;y work with bb maps and vz nav. All other applications are going to cell triangulate you. not true GPS...

Check the GPS section for more info.
    BB Maps or VZ Navigator only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    as mentioned above, it will show your location in google maps for mobiles but it gives a 3000m circle around your location lol. It is fun to turn on latitude though and have all your buds sign up and see where everyone is at.
    03-17-09 01:42 PM
    as mentioned above, it will show your location in google maps for mobiles but it gives a 3000m circle around your location lol. It is fun to turn on latitude though and have all your buds sign up and see where everyone is at.
    i'm still using Latitude. while i can't properly hide in the bushes near them, i can at least wander around their town searching for them!
    03-17-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD