I recently purchased a blackberry 9550 mistakenly for verizion but i am with AT&t and ive done some research and i need some help on how to download the service books i need and the steps i need to go through in order to recieve calls and text for my phone and also to make that phone my previous AT&Ts phone number which i would think would be on the sim card which i do have.Please touch on all the questions i have and any feedback is appreciated thanks!
    11-03-11 02:34 PM
    It cannot be done. VZW is CDMA and ATT is GSM.
    11-03-11 02:58 PM
    Well, actually you're in (some) luck as the 9550 is a dual-mode phone (GSM/CDMA) and you can run it on ATT once it's unlocked. You can carrier unlock the device and put your ATT sim card in and then get hooked up with the BB data plan on ATT.

Once that's in place you should be able to come up on EDGE (and that's ALL you'll get; no 3G etc.) but it should work. I had this running for almost a year without any issues except the service books would occasionally disappear and i'd have to reload them but not often.

There should be a lot of help in the 9550 forum here though.
    JimKash likes this.
    11-03-11 03:02 PM
    Oh, and if possible check into unloading the Storm and getting something like a 9810. They're relatively inexpensive on contract and will do a proper high speed data connection and get you up to BB7 instead of 5.
    11-03-11 03:04 PM
    How do i create or make a BB data plan on ATT is that free and yeha the phone is also unlocked!
    11-03-11 03:30 PM
    and can you do it without a data plan because i want to be able to text and call on it!
    11-03-11 03:34 PM
    and can you do it without a data plan because i want to be able to text and call on it!
    You'll need a data plan to be able to text. Friend of mine had a prepaid BB without a data plan and every time she texted, it cost her minutes out of her plan or a flat rate per text. Most carriers won't even activate a smart phone without a data plan.
    11-03-11 03:37 PM
    Yeah i know but my question is how do i access on create my or a BB data plan
    11-03-11 03:43 PM
    Call your carrier for the BB data plan.
    11-03-11 03:46 PM
    But if i have a verizion phone what would i tell my carrier
    11-03-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD