Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jswauger
  • 1 Post By nyplaya610
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Verizon and Blackberry

So my trusty curve is starting to fail. Off to my local Verizon independent dealer I go. The guy behind the counter tells me he really can't help me because he doesn't know anything about BlackBerry phones. Great. Then he tells me they don't even sell Blackberry any more and shows me the empty display area where they used to be. He then tells me that BlackBerry isn't doing anything to update their phones and is getting out of the USA market. So...... I take my playbook out of my pocket and tell him that if Verizon is dumping BlackBerry they will loose me as a customer. He started to dump on the playbook and tout I-stuff. I told him not to bother and to be advised he just lost customer at his store. He didn't even flinch.

RIM is killing itself in my opinion. There is no advertising, no selling of their products to dealers, and now even the guys that sell phones aren't educated enough to offer BlackBerry to customers even when they want them
    shemaree09 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

I'd just go online and order one from Verizon. They have plenty. Call in if you need to to order and if the rep gets preachy tell them you want another rep that will actually serve your needs.

If you want a good used BB for VZW there are plenty sold by the seller gazelle-store on eBay (Gazelle.com).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    jswauger (10-25-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon and Blackberry

Well RIM is not going for the average customer. And I'm not quite sure who they are targeting with their current and new product... But I agree with what you said on how RIM is killing themselves. All I hear is negative about BlackBerry and I don't really see how BB10 could be that great to bring new people and people back to it.. And I don't see them trying to make the most out of their current product.. I'm not quite sure what RIM's strategy is but I hope they do something spectacular soon!.. To me RIM and BlackBerry's reputation might hurt them in the future..

The Playbook and BB7 devices are nice! but nobody really knows about them or knows how to use them.. So most people don't even bother giving them a chance.. They just assume it sucks and go with Android or Apple products.. RIM's customer service in my opinion is not that good at all... I see problems, but they aren't fixing them so customers aren't happy and they end up losing them.. RIM needs to produce great products and also have great customer service so people are satisfied and know about the product and how to use it. The reputation of BlackBerry is refelecting everywhere and that's why RIM is in the situation it's in now..
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks for dealers name. I'm going to try and get the bugs out of my phone first. If that doesn't work I will go used and pick up a BB10 when they come out
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,635 Global Posts

The hysteria surrounding blackberrys demise is ridiculous. People everyehere are saying "blackberry is going out of business" , "android bought blackberry" , "you cant get any apps for blackberry".

Now we have a verizon guy that believes RIM is pulling out of the american market. RIM needs to pump their money wherever apple is to get the managers of these carrier stores a cut from the payroll so they get on board

Global Posts
    6,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Now we have a verizon guy that believes RIM is pulling out of the american market. RIM needs to pump their money wherever apple is to get the managers of these carrier stores a cut from the payroll so they get on board
    BlackBerry 10. We'll see.

Global Posts
    6,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by jswauger View Post
    Thanks for dealers name. I'm going to try and get the bugs out of my phone first. If that doesn't work I will go used and pick up a BB10 when they come out
    No problem. The nice thing about Gazelle is they thoroughly describe any device defects as well as exactly what comes with the device. And they have a return policy that states that if the device has any issues other than ones they detailed they will take it back and pay the return shipping. Not bad at all.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330B6526

I wonder what kind marketing RIM has planned. Their reputation is shot
    shemaree09 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by nyplaya610 View Post
    We are all wondering. It'll target North America for sure since that is where the major issue is at the moment. I am hoping it is a general feel good ad campaign that gets across the idea as such:

"Hey, we listened and we've acted. BlackBerry re-imagined, blah blah".

Kind of how (sort of a bad analogy), Dominos Pizza had a bad rap for not using fresh ingredients. So they started showing commercials that explained the ingredients were fresh from farms. Showed "the" farms or something like that. Whatever the case was, they had a turnaround of public perception such that they were not perceived as just a "cheap" pizza but also a "value" priced pizza with quality ingredients.

RIM needs to target say the 3 biggest gripes about BlackBerrys that are solved in BB10 and set out to correct the perceptions.

Not easy at all to do.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    PIN
    Friends Only. I need friends :(.

To the OP I went through the same BS last year when I went and purchased my 9930 @ VZ. One guy flat out told me he didn't sell BBs. Had them im stock but "he didn't sell them". He also told me he knew nothing about them. I didn't ask him for the 411 on the device, I just wanted to buy one. I said well fine and left and the following day I had to be in the SF Bay area, so I stopped at the VZ store in Pleasanton, CA, same BS. There actually once I mentioned BB I was shown their back. I finally went to another in Livermore, CA. Explained to a sales guy there that I was not interested in hearing any particular speech about anything he may consider relevant for me, the customer, and that I just wanted to walk out with a 9930. It was the same day the 4s launched. While he did appear surprised that I was not interested in the BB he just went and got the 9930, asked me if he had any questions he could answer. I asked him, "you know you are the first VZ employee to offer this". He then went ahead and showed me some of its features and was actually knowledgeable on the device. Guess where I'm going next year when the new BB10s hit the market.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nyplaya610 View Post
    We will get more of the same from RIM. It is like they don't even care anymore. We keep hearing BlackBerry 10 is coming first quarter, some say it will be in January or February. You know what else is happening the first quarter? The world's largest consumer electronics show, the International CES. A show that only exists so manufactures can get publicity about their latest products. For some odd reason, RIM is not going to CES. They have a brand new platform that they desperately need to show off, they have the opportunity to take it to the largest tech show there is weeks before the rumored launch, yet they aren't going.

RIM isn't a big deal like Apple, they can't afford to snub CES. Unless they honestly don't have anything new to show and BlackBerry 10 will be delayed again. Which actually wouldn't surprise me at all. Why else would they not go to CES to promote their new products?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

You know, I've run into the same scenario that the OP addressed in numerous Verizon stores, I find a majority of their sales reps to be completely ignorant with regards to BB, the device's capabilities, as well as to the current status and future prospects of RIM.

That being said, I've also recently visited a Verizon store (one) in E. New Mexico where this wasn't the case. This particular store has the 9930 prominently displayed right next to the current iPhone. The reps made no effort to steer me away from BB and even stated that if my needs leaned towards communication with a focus on any type of messaging, then it was hard to beat the 9930. Sadly, the 9930 is only 3G on Verizon's network, which I believe also hurts the device somewhat in addition to the typical ignorant blabber heard from many sales reps.

Unfortunately, experiences like I encountered in E. New Mexico seem to be a rare occurrence these days.

Sent via BlackBerry
    My Devices: Z30 / Z10 / 9900 / 9310 / 9700 / 8900 / PB 64GB / PB 16GB
    Old Work: 9650 / 8820

Global Posts
    6,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by OLY-JIM View Post
    You know, I've run into the same scenario that the OP addressed in numerous Verizon stores, I find a majority of their sales reps to be completely ignorant with regards to BB, the device's capabilities, as well as to the current status and future prospects of RIM.

That being said, I've also recently visited a Verizon store (one) in E. New Mexico where this wasn't the case. This particular store has the 9930 prominently displayed right next to the current iPhone. The reps made no effort to steer me away from BB and even stated that if my needs leaned towards communication with a focus on any type of messaging, then it was hard to beat the 9930. Sadly, the 9930 is only 3G on Verizon's network, which I believe also hurts the device somewhat in addition to the typical ignorant blabber heard from many sales reps.

Unfortunately, experiences like I encountered in E. New Mexico seem to be a rare occurrence these days.

Sent via BlackBerry
    same thing for me. I was lucky the few times I have bought locally the sales reps were fine. I think one even used a bold 9930 themselves.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post
    same thing for me. I was lucky the few times I hav

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Your message appears to have cut-off...

Sent via BlackBerry 9900
    My Devices: Z30 / Z10 / 9900 / 9310 / 9700 / 8900 / PB 64GB / PB 16GB
    Old Work: 9650 / 8820
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by berryboba View Post
    We will get more of the same from RIM. It is like they don't even care anymore. We keep hearing BlackBerry 10 is coming first quarter, some say it will be in January or February. You know what else is happening the first quarter? The world's largest consumer electronics show, the International CES. A show that only exists so manufactures can get publicity about their latest products. For some odd reason, RIM is not going to CES. They have a brand new platform that they desperately need to show off, they have the opportunity to take it to the largest tech show there is weeks before the rumored launch, yet they aren't going.

RIM isn't a big deal like Apple, they can't afford to snub CES. Unless they honestly don't have anything new to show and BlackBerry 10 will be delayed again. Which actually wouldn't surprise me at all. Why else would they not go to CES to promote their new products?

That is pretty worrying analysis. Has it been put to a big cheese at RIM, I wonder?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitbags View Post
    That is pretty worrying analysis. Has it been put to a big cheese at RIM, I wonder?
    RIM usually goes to CES, they even went last year when all they had to show was PlayBook native PIM and email. That's whats really strange, RIM knows the importance of CES, and here when it's the most important time in RIM's history they aren't going? Makes no sense at all.
    CrackBerry User

I always got to the Verizon store in Portchester, New York and have never had any problems at all. BlackBerry is displayed(in the corner) sales people are knowledgeable, and always willing to help if a BlackBerry is what you want then a BlackBerry you shall get. Just stinks that this store isn't a representation of the rest and it's out of the way of almost all of the Crackberry people I have found and or spoken to.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Man, Verizon Sell 3 Models of blackberry, Just order it on-line.
    Blackberry 4 Life
    BB History : 8900 9800
    Present : Z10 & Playbook 16GB
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,420 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

This is what I say:

Go to BlackBerry.com and watch the videos on BB10.

I bet you end up just starring at the screen in shock! Now either wait till January'ish, or call Verizon and order a 9930 or something like that.

The End!

Sent from the device in my hand, using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: @naviwilliams