I apologize if this questions has been asked before, but I figured someone here would end up being more useful than Verizon customer service.

Does the BB Maps application require data usage or is the program all on the phone? I don't need it for GPS purposes so I wanted to make sure I would not be adding up all kinds of extra charges on my Verizon bill if I used it.

Thanks
    02-01-09 12:21 AM
    Yes, BBMaps requires a data plan. It doesn't store any maps on your phone. It downloads them in real time as needed. If you don't have unlimited data, you won't want to use it or any other mapping program. With the exception of TrekBuddy, they all download maps in realtime using your data connection.
    02-01-09 09:21 AM
    I apologize if this questions has been asked before, but I figured someone here would end up being more useful than Verizon customer service.

Does the BB Maps application require data usage or is the program all on the phone? I don't need it for GPS purposes so I wanted to make sure I would not be adding up all kinds of extra charges on my Verizon bill if I used it.

Thanks
    You can't have a Blackberry on Verizon without a data plan. Isn't it $25/month for the 10mb data plan and $30/month for the unlimited?
    02-02-09 11:11 AM
    $30 for personal plan, $45 for corporate
    02-02-09 11:40 AM
    You can't have a Blackberry on Verizon without a data plan. Isn't it $25/month for the 10mb data plan and $30/month for the unlimited?
    Yeah, I thought I had only gotten the 10mb plan but I just checked my usage online and it said I had unlimited data usage. Thanks for the responses though, fortunately it looks like I can do all the map checking I want.
    02-02-09 07:18 PM
    $30 for personal plan, $45 for corporate
    There is also a lesser known (but still available) 10mb plan for $24.99/month.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...d-right-50437/
    02-04-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD