omg.. I want to smack this guy head on the wall... wth! did u all see this review?

the guy pretty much is saying: blackberry sucks.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:42 AM
    Opinions are like buttcracks. Even this person has one.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Dmessenger likes this.
    09-26-14 12:48 AM
    This review is Verge review has no meaning. Passport is a excellent device. The device has been taken up extremely well in Dubai.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:00 AM
    The reviewer lacks the intelligence to use a BlackBerry phone.

Don't hate. Lol.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    09-26-14 01:01 AM
    I think he makes some pretty fair arguments, other than the hub (Calendar thing kinda bugs me as well) comments he's pretty bang on. Most importantly as he stated at the end; this device isn't going to bring anyone back to BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:04 AM
    I think he makes some pretty fair arguments, other than the hub (Calendar thing kinda bugs me as well) comments he's pretty bang on. Most importantly as he stated at the end; this device isn't going to bring anyone back to BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    You're right and wrong at the same time. The passport isn't made for everybody and even BBRY loyalist aren't all sold on the passport, but on a personal note it's the first device in a while where I'm seeing iphone/android user willing to switch to BBRY.

Since using a Z10 close to 2.years ago, I told myself I'm never going back to a physical keyboard anymore because of the lack of screen estate, but now that BBRY has made a phone with a decent screen + a keyboard I'm sold. Sure the screen is smaller than my Z30, but a physical keyboard is just THAT good!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:08 AM
    While I agree the review had some fair points, the guy lost me when he complained that bb10 still relies upon gestures for navigation and that these gestures are not intuitive.

Granted, I am very biased in that I adore bb10's gestures, but I feel his criticisms are akin to me writing an iPhone review and complaining that the iPhone 6 still relies on an outdated and unintuitive home bottom.

I just find it hard to believe that the guy used the device for as long as he said he did and struggled to become comfortable with the gestures. Each to their own, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:13 AM
    While I agree the review had some fair points, the guy lost me when he complained that bb10 still relies upon gestures for navigation and that these gestures are not intuitive.

Granted, I am very biased in that I adore bb10's gestures, but I feel his criticisms are akin to me writing an iPhone review and complaining that the iPhone 6 still relies on an outdated and unintuitive home bottom.

I just find it hard to believe that the guy used the device for as long as he said he did and struggled to become comfortable with the gestures. Each to their own, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    Gestures are intuitive. They just don't have much left in the arsenal box to use against BlackBerry. Soon they will be down to......."well consumers won't buy it because it's the wrong color of black!"

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Both my kids adapted to their Z10s in no time at all. I would say the gestures are quite intuitive. We now struggle on phones with home buttons. I think the reviewer might have approached the review with a non objective mindset.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-26-14 07:50 AM
    I think they used this review as a revenge for what we did to their poll..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-26-14 07:56 AM
    Ahh yes the verge....the faux news of tech info.
    Al1n and Viktor_Volkov like this.
    09-26-14 11:48 PM
    I agree with quite a bit of the review. The camera is slow, android apps take too many clicks to download. I know there are apps for instagram, but the average user isn't going to take the time to go on c rack berry to figure that out. But the guys attitudes horrible, and he clearly has not spent enough time with the device. I have iphones and m8's, but always come back to my z30. It lacks some things I wish would work, but the negatives outweigh the positives.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:25 AM
    The reviewer is a d0uche , that is all.

Posted via CB10
    tharrison4815 and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-27-14 01:27 AM
    Widgets? Seriously? I don't think he knows what he's on about. Instagram in the hub via igrann pro? Ftw!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-27-14 01:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well one of my friends who's into construction business and running an IPhone has already registered for the device after seeing mine... so there we go, one down, however I do agree that it might not bring masses back, but being a niche markets fone, it will attract some back and from initial report, it's doing very good in comparison with some of Blackberry's older models!!

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    09-27-14 02:41 AM
    omg.. I want to smack this guy head on the wall... wth! did u all see this review?

the guy pretty much is saying: blackberry sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Trust me people like this put down blackberry I'm so mad right now. But haters will talk he's just dumb.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:52 AM
    Most importantly as he stated at the end; this device isn't going to bring anyone back to BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    Is he sure? Are you sure? Want to put some money on it?

The best part of the Verge review was when the PassPort scored 7.3 out of 10 across 8 categories but they "magically" deducted 9 points to make it fall to 6.2 out of 10. Comical really that is why it wasn't a review and shouldn't be considered a review.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    09-27-14 05:47 AM
    I saw this the other day and commented on his stupid and ignorant review. He was a total jerk toward BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:15 AM
    The verge has always been a bad site.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-27-14 06:46 AM
    It is what it is. Honestly all of the reviews I watched in YouTube regarding the passport save maybe 1 or 2 that Weren't from crackberry or n4bb said that the device was a good one. 90% or more reviews say that it's too big and they don't like the os and all the other usually complaints about bb. But they have their opinions just as we have ours. I loved my q10 and still have it though I am currently using my Moto X (which is also a fantastic phone) because the screen was a little frustrating due to its size and the appd ported I used often were not very good. So I kept my q10 to check out future updates and will more than likely be getting the passport or another bb10 device when I can upgrade now that the Amazon store is on the os and it's easier to get those apps. Let's not be insane unreasonable fanboys that can't act like adults and pretend that everyone should love the Passport because realistically that is just not going to happen. Let us enjoy our blackberry experience (or whatever platform) and not act like teeny boppers who believe everyone is stupid for not liking what they do. Have a good day guys!

09-27-14 09:13 AM
    Yip I agree

09-27-14 10:40 AM
    The BlackBerry passport is big, bold and beautiful. We can all chive the usual lines that it isn't everyone but when dinky little BlackBerry sells 200,000 in 24 hours on the web alone, they sure as hell hit some audience. End of story. Let the Verge choke on its own incompetence and failing to see the brilliance of the design. Revolution always comes from the mountains. And in this case that means Waterloo.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-27-14 11:06 AM
    Hey! Before you flame me, please hear me out ok?

Before you get all twisted about the video, I think you should read this article from BlackBerry Passport Gets Mixed Reviews, But Even Its Detractors Predict Its Success - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Some excerpts from it for those who don't subscribe to it:

"Hidden in the negative reviews is a silver lining for long investors."

"BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) launched its much-anticipated Passport smartphone yesterday, and dozens of media and technology websites were waiting for the big day to release their reviews. I have analyzed the reviews that came out on the day of the launch and separated them into three buckets: positive, negative, and mixed."

The blogger had categorized the Verge as a negative review and wrote that:

"But what if I told you that the really good news for BlackBerry investors - who rightfully see the Passport as an important product for the company's ongoing turnaround - can paradoxically be found in the negative reviews?����. "Let's look at the "Key Buying Criteria" of the hardcore business user (what I will call "The Key Buying Group"):

Long battery life
    Large screen size
    Keyboard
    Durability/build quality
    Now let's consider the buying criteria that are less important to that same buyer, but that might be more important to a typical consumer user:

App availability
    Playing videos
    Size/shape/portability (by FAR the biggest complaint of the negative reviewers)
    Camera"

Please take note of the bolded points and listen to what Verge said in the video about them.

So if you listen closely to the video you would realize that The Verge had intentionally or not strongly pointed out the positives and thus had bolstered the appealability of the Passport to the target group.

Over and out!
    3_M4N likes this.
    09-27-14 11:06 AM
    Quick lesson : don't go to the Verge. Tell your friends. There are over a dozen excellent tech blogs that don't have a sponsored agenda against BlackBerry and fans, shareholders or just plain users of the platform should boycott the site. I recommend ars technica, Engadget, tech crunch, CNET, techradar, mashable, slashdot, pcmac, etc. Just don't use the Verge and give them any more clicks to hate on an entire platform.
    09-27-14 11:32 AM
    Z30-posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:06 PM
35 12