why does that need to be deleted when upgrading the O.S? What happens if you don't delete it? And what is it exactly?
    06-22-08 02:34 PM
    It is a file that matches the internal branding on each carriers device.

If you are using your original carriers OS package, you do not have to delete the file, it will match.

If you want to use a different carrier or version, deleting the file will allow the potential mismatch to proceed.
    06-22-08 02:38 PM
    yes you HAVE to delete it..as this OS isn't from your carrier
    06-22-08 02:39 PM
    The vendor file ties the phones to a specific carrier and if you do not use that carrier then it will not reconize the phone. Therefor not letting the OS downlowd into the phone.
    06-22-08 02:40 PM
    It also matches the current OS that Vendor.xml was delivered with to see if this version is valid for both your phone and your carrier.
    06-22-08 04:10 PM
    If you don't delete it you get all of those pop-ups on your browser trying to sell you things and annoying your whole internet experience on your phone!

Just kidding!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 09:03 PM
    I asked cause I was about half way into the upgrade process with the beta software and I always make sure to delete it but wife was rushing me out to get ready for her cousin's bday party and I forgot. But phone is working perfectly fine.
    06-22-08 09:47 PM
    I asked cause I was about half way into the upgrade process with the beta software and I always make sure to delete it but wife was rushing me out to get ready for her cousin's bday party and I forgot. But phone is working perfectly fine.
    Being a beta, it is most likely unbranded; in which case, you would not need to delete the vendor file.
    06-22-08 10:28 PM
    If not deleted your device will restart continuously or be "nuked" which will stay on the dreaded "507" (i thinnk those are the numbers" screen not doing anything, even after battery pull...although it is fixable through a little trickery.
    06-22-08 11:13 PM
    atleast in my case thats wut happened
    06-22-08 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD