We've all read the news today about how secure the BlackBerry 7 OS is. In Trend Micro's research BlackBerry scorred 2.9, iOS 1.7 and Android 1.6. Basically, all other mobile OSs are miles behind in terms of security. Yet, according to V3 the news is a bit different (http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2167203/apple-blackberry-devices-safest-choices-consumerisation-policies) "Apple and BlackBerry devices safest choices for consumerisation policies" or "BlackBerry handsets remain the safest choice for corporate use, with Apple's iPhone devices coming in a close second".

I don't understand the love for Apple and the hate for RIM. It would make sense if they were paid by Apple to write articles like this, but it happens so often and on so many different websites that I'm starting to think that the only reason this is happening is because journalists nowadays are incredibly stupid.

Anyway, I feel it is our duty to stop this. I'm not only talking about RIM here. Nokia with WP7 (a very solid and slick OS) gets the same treatment. Some pretty good Android devices as well.
    I don't like bad journalism, be it in technology, politics or economics. So let's all head over to the said article and flood the comments area. Maybe 1000+ negative comments will make them change the heading.
    04-11-12 06:54 PM
    I agree with the sentiment that RIM is constantly being dragged through the mud in the media and I'm not quite sure why. It honestly doesn't seem like RIM can do anything right in some peoples eyes. Even when they score a win on something like this, there still seems to be more negativity directed at them.
    04-11-12 07:00 PM
    The saddest part is that investors and analysts are very lazy nowadays. They're happy with just reading Engadget, Wired and V3 and choose to ignore any proper research or press release that comes out.
    04-11-12 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD