I'm in Houston Texas with my BB 9700. I have gone into the Manage Connections->Mobile Network Options menu and set Data Services to "Off" While Roaming. I am roaming with AT&T. The BB icon disappears beside the 3G icon on the home screen and I assume that I have disabled data services on the voice network, but can still use data services (as long as I don't turn *these* off in the same menu) but over WiFi.

It all seems to work, but it makes me a bit nervous. I'm trying to avoid any data charges on AT&T while roaming down here in the States. My family can still call me, thus I'm leaving the mobile network on.

Could someone verify that I've done everything correctly? I've read some conflicting information about this.
    06-15-10 09:47 AM
    To be sure, set Data to Off. I had to do this when I was in the States.
    06-15-10 09:57 AM
    I would suggest that charges are carrier dependent; IMO: Ask your carrier!
    06-15-10 09:57 AM
    I would suggest that charges are carrier dependent; IMO: Ask your carrier!
    Good advice. I checked with Bell Mobility via email support and they said that I haven't used any data since the 13th which is when I left Canada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 05:15 PM
    I hope I helped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 05:18 PM
    I just came back from a trip overseas and used wifi exclusively w/ no data charges. I ddin't use voice either. I turned off my Mobile Network, and Data Services to "off" while roaming, but left data services "on" and wifi "on".

I'm on AT&T. Doesn't work if you turn data svcs "off".

I'm in Houston Texas with my BB 9700. I have gone into the Manage Connections->Mobile Network Options menu and set Data Services to "Off" While Roaming. I am roaming with AT&T. The BB icon disappears beside the 3G icon on the home screen and I assume that I have disabled data services on the voice network, but can still use data services (as long as I don't turn *these* off in the same menu) but over WiFi.

It all seems to work, but it makes me a bit nervous. I'm trying to avoid any data charges on AT&T while roaming down here in the States. My family can still call me, thus I'm leaving the mobile network on.

Could someone verify that I've done everything correctly? I've read some conflicting information about this.
    06-15-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD