I wanted to ask if I tethered on my desktop and also set up a router at that computer, would I get a wifi signal from the router using the internet connection I get using Tetherberry? I want to use the tethering for a wifi connection on my PSP and Wii, so a quick response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    10-04-09 09:49 AM
    TetherBerry works by using the phone as a modem. A program runs on the PC and another on the phone. The two programs work together to allow an internet connection for the PC via the phone. TetherBerry only uses your data-plan to access the internet.

Trying to use a PC connected router to route internet access from the PC to your PS and Wii, sounds like a neat idea but I do not see how this could be made to work easily. You should talk to TetherBery about this. Maybe they will be able to help you.
    10-04-09 09:54 AM
    Don't the PSP and Wii both have wifi capabilities already built in? I don't have either, but doing a quick google search leads me to believe they both do.
    10-04-09 10:21 AM
    I think the OP was wanting to use his BB WiFi connection/PC as a WiFi access point for the PSP and Wii, but I dont think it is possible unless there is some 3rd party software to do it.
    10-04-09 10:47 AM
    I'm not sure about tetherberry but... When I had a tethering plan I used to use internet connection sharing and route my XBOX 360 through my laptop to the net to play XBOX live. I was surprised at how well that actually worked!

The way to config that was simply connect both my laptop and XBOX to my wireless network, tether, enable internet connection sharing on the laptop, then simply configure my laptops IP as my default gateway on the XBOX. I will admit I had to do a little registry hacking to get it to sustain XBOX live, but all that information was available via GOOGLE.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 11:56 AM
    I wanted to ask if I tethered on my desktop and also set up a router at that computer, would I get a wifi signal from the router using the internet connection I get using Tetherberry? I want to use the tethering for a wifi connection on my PSP and Wii, so a quick response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    This is not exactly what you have in mind but I tether my 8330 into a cradlepoint ctr 500 to hook up the wii or my laptop psp ect I get as high as 2000 kps in town and 900 out here in the sticks of ohio you could get an adapter for your pc to pick up the wi fi too

But you must pay to activate the tetgering feature vzw is 30 bucks a month
    Have not tried tetherberry YET!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD