Hi All.... How do I use my B8310 safely on a flight? What do I need to switch off to comply with airline flight regulations.....and how do I do this on this BB?

Cheers,

Rob
    03-03-08 01:49 AM
    It really is up to the airline, but you can switch off the mobile network, under the manage connections.
    03-03-08 01:58 AM
    and don't forget to switch of your Bluetooth as well (also can be done from the Manage Connections screen).
    03-03-08 05:42 AM
    I was just on a flight and they didn't have a problem with it. I just turn off the radio and bluetooth when they said turn everything off and when we were at a safe flying level I turn back on the bluetooth only and listened to my music. I still left the radio off.
    03-03-08 06:48 AM
    I have always found this to be interesting....

I mean is it really possible for my BB to affect a plane? Haven't we gotten to a point in this world of technology that both can be used at the same time?
    03-03-08 08:38 AM
    Well apparently the waves can cross and cause static or interuptions with the cockpit radios sooo... I'd just be safe lol. What I've never understood is why easyjet don't let me use my iPod! It doesn't have ANY radio!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 09:40 AM
    Cervoni, there is rumor that these rules may be relaxed in the near future. Most European carriers don't have the same rules or at least don't enforce it.

Nevertheless, for now, do as described above. I turn off my radio/mobile network when they tell me to do so, and then power down the BB.

Then when in flight, and I turn the BB, the mobile network is already off when it powers up.
    03-03-08 09:50 AM
    The reason you have to turn off your cell phone really isn't due to the controls. The main issue is if 200 people are on a plane and lets say around 100 people are on their cell phones, you can pretty well mess up a cell tower so nobody on the ground can use their cell phones. The FCC is to blame for the no cell phones on airplanes. I would assume, in the future, if it already hasn't been done, airlines will put "cell tower" on planes so people will be able to use their cell phones without blasting a cell tower on the ground. Just an assumption on my part.
    03-03-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD