I have Nextel for my BB carrier and my friend has T-Mobile. We have tried hundreds of times to figure out how to add each other as a contact on our Blackberry Messenger. It goes through all the motions, but alas- no success.

Does anyone know how to rectify this issue? It will show as pending and all, but never are we able to communicate.
    02-20-08 06:00 PM
    I am having a pending issue even between two t-mobile phones even. I can email, and ping. There must be a setting off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-08 06:07 PM
    Are you behid BES? Maybe your company restricts ur msgr?

02-20-08 06:14 PM
    No, it's my personal Blackberry; no BES. His is his own as well.
    02-20-08 06:48 PM
    Do u invite throught the BB pin or email. inviting via PIN has better success rate..

02-21-08 01:23 AM
    When I add some people they appear in my Pending list but they don't get a message asking to approve me, and if they add me the same thing happens...

(Whoo, it's my birthday)

02-21-08 02:04 AM
    I have Nextel for my BB carrier and my friend has T-Mobile. We have tried hundreds of times to figure out how to add each other as a contact on our Blackberry Messenger. It goes through all the motions, but alas- no success.

Does anyone know how to rectify this issue? It will show as pending and all, but never are we able to communicate.
    I struggled with this for weeks until I figured it out. This is the only way I can make it work. From the address book on your Blackberry add their name and PIN. Go into BB Messenger and add them from the entry you just made in the address book. It will go through and work.

DO NOT try to add someone from the use once in Messenger, it just will not work, at least never has for me. DO NOT try to add the to Outlook then use this record to add them in Messenger.

From what I can figure Messenger can only correctly utilize a name and PIN entry created in the address book on the Blackberry.
    This is the only way I have been successful.
    02-21-08 03:54 AM
    Can anyone confirm or deny this, I have tried adding some people and the request is just sitting in pending. I just figured they didn't want to add me, but were scared to delete the request. (LOL)
    02-21-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD