Just curious, when going onto the internet, do you type the address as you would on a desktop? I wasn't sure if there was something different you were supposed to do on the BB.

Also, is it free to download the Facebook thing? I did not see mention of a fee but wanted to double check!
    07-31-08 06:26 AM
    You can type the address like normal, however, you might want to see if your sites have a "mobile" version. It'll load quicker and probably look better. For the Facebook application, I believe it's just a web link and it should be covered by your data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 06:30 AM
    Yea its free to download the facebook app but check out the thread in the 3rd party software forum, I believe it isn't that good.

And you can type in addresses in the address as you would on your pc. Some sites have mobile friendly versions that render better and faster on your phone so you might like those better and usually that website will have a link to their mobile site or can tell you are using a mobile phone and automatically direct you to the mobile site.

07-31-08 06:31 AM
    You can type the address like normal, however, you might want to see if your sites have a "mobile" version. It'll load quicker and probably look better. For the Facebook application, I believe it's just a web link and it should be covered by your data plan.

Yep...Also many of the sites that have a 'mobile version', also have an auto-redirect. If you go on the site, it will auto redirect you to the mobile one.
    07-31-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD