I use one, and when i made the decision to use one I considered what would work for me, not what was popular. I take flak for it from time to time but I never sit on it and it is there when i need it.
    08-05-14 07:07 AM
    I've got a belt holster (Z30) for a couple of practical reasons, but it does feel like I stand out uncomfortably whenever I use it - it is what yuppie types used to strut around with a decade ago, as you say, and never seen today. :P

There was, at one point, actually a gun holster manifacturer that tried to put a shoulder holster for mobile phones on the market, but wow - that really was the full straight-on-repurposed thing: cumbersome to put on and hardly discreet; you looked like a TV detective - definitely armed and to be wary of. :P

As somebody who wears a tool belt at work (blocking access to trouser pockets), I bought a Scottevest T-shirt a while back, hoping that would help with having the phone safe and accessible, but it turned out its high-placed pocket did not leave the phone resting on one's pectoral (...if one have them - I hear some do), as I had expected, but tries to slip under your armpit, through the tendon from the chest - not sure how that is supposed to work - may have to try some tailoring of my own. :P
    08-05-14 07:12 AM
    Yes it is. Kind of like those front pouches some guys love to wrap around their waist. But whatever works for you.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    08-05-14 07:31 AM
    If the young kids wore one it would be at there knee.

BlackBerry is a better experience.
    So funny!
    acovey likes this.
    08-05-14 07:33 AM
    I've been using a holster since 2008. My first phone was the LG Chocolate KG800 which I never bothered to holster. When I got my second phone the HTC 5800, it came with the holster and ever since then I've always gotten the OEM holster for my BlackBerry devices and third party holsters when I was still using feature phones (Didn't get my first BlackBerry until 2010).

Posted via CB10
    bobor9 likes this.
    08-05-14 07:35 AM
    Depends on what I'm wearing, and what size purse I'm carrying. I often use a holster when I'm going to be out and about a lot.

My son, on the other hand, is one of those low slung jean wearing types (I can't wait for this phase to be over. On the upside they can't run from the cops because they're pants would get tangled up.) and he constantly loses his phone out of his back pocket, not to mention his wallet, his lighter and his change. Goes to show how much 'fashion' trumps common sense.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and Playbook007 like this.
    08-05-14 07:48 AM
    I never thought of it as a fasion issue (or new or old fashioned). Its a functionaity issue for me. Phone in pocket doesn't look good with some pants, and now with the bigger size, I can't sit down with my Z10 in my pocket for fear of stressing the housing or screen, plus it's not comfortable. I'm using an Incipio case with a Seidio holster Looking forward to the Seidio Dilex or Active case with kickstand if they ever come down to a reasonable price.
    08-05-14 08:07 AM
    As somebody who wears a tool belt at work (blocking access to trouser pockets), I bought a Scottevest T-shirt a while back, hoping that would help with having the phone safe and accessible, but it turned out its high-placed pocket did not leave the phone resting on one's pectoral (...if one have them - I hear some do), as I had expected, but tries to slip under your armpit, through the tendon from the chest - not sure how that is supposed to work - may have to try some tailoring of my own. :P
    I have a Scottevest shirt that has that high pocket you are talking about (I use it for ID and cash) but also has a larger pocket on the bottom side by the seam. With a tool belt, I don't think that would work for you either though. I do love the Scottevest line though. Maybe you could go with the Otterhbox Defender right on the tool belt?
    08-05-14 08:11 AM
    Haha some amusing responses here.

I am 21 years old. I have always been using an Otterbox Defender on my Q10 in my pocket. But today, I tried the Otterbox holster just for an experiment, and I was surprised at how useful this is!

Despite the "middleaged business man" stereotype, I will have to keep using the belt holster. Hahaha.

One question I have: Which part of the belt do you attach the holster to? I use the right side of my jeans. Because if I had it on the back or the front, sitting down would be uncomfortable.

Also, does anyone ever use the earphones while having the phone in the holster?
    That works great when working around the house and your on the move.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 08:19 AM
    I agree no belts and even if they did use a belt they have them hanging below their a$$ so far down I doubt they can even reach the phone in the holster! LOL
    08-05-14 08:22 AM
    I use one. Heh.

Although, good luck finding young people with belts to clip them onto..

Posted via CB10

I agree no belts and even if they did use a belt they have them hanging below their a$$ so far down I doubt they can even reach the phone in the holster! LOL
    08-05-14 08:23 AM
    I do when I'm on the road for work. Old school be damned, it simply works well.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    acovey and CCJSW10 like this.
    08-05-14 08:24 AM
    In the 70s and 80s during my internship and residency and hospital days, I always had to carry a pager on my belt (boy, did I hate that pager). I gave up dresses long ago, except for weddings etc.

Ever since the first flip phone I have worn a horizontal holster. They are getting bigger and bigger, though! This Z10 is the biggest so far.

I wear it just in front of my right hip. As it is horizontal it doesn't get in the way of sitting down.
    If you put it in facing your body with the top facing forward, it is super easy to slide it out and up to your ear in one motion. (reverse if you are left handed).

I have never broken a phone and carry it all the time, even when riding my horse. (When I bathe him I hook the holster behind me so it doesn't get wet). My 9000 never had a case besides the holster. My Q10 and Z10 have thin S-Line cases to make them easier to hold on to.

I may be an old fart now, but wasn't when I started wearing holsters. I find them too convenient to give up. Of course, it might be hard to reach the phone if your pants are down by your knees :-)

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    PS: I don't know how people can hear their phone ring in a backpack or purse!
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 08-05-14 at 08:44 AM.
    slagman5 and Omahahaha like this.
    08-05-14 08:27 AM
    I am hoping there is a holster for my passport. I need a holster. Nothing else makes sense day in and day out.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and Omahahaha like this.
    08-05-14 08:28 AM
    The phablets that are popular these days would look pretty ridiculous holstered on one's belt.

But a device like my Bold, which looks like it means business, would look just fine.

I usually keep my phone in my front right pants pocket, but I've been thinking about giving a holster a try. I wear slacks and collared shirts to work every day, anyway, so it would match the ensemble.

Am I afraid of looking like an old fart? The fact that I proudly use a Bold 9930 should answer that question!

(BTW, I'm in my early 30s!)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    32 here, dress the same. Rocking a holster with my Q10. Love it.

Posted via CB10 on my amazing Verizon white Q10!
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-05-14 08:35 AM
    I dont care if it is or not. I use it every now and then. Depends on what I wear.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-05-14 08:37 AM
    It never occurred to me before, but maybe the OP is right. I use one simply to protect the screen when the phone is in my pocket - as I found to my cost years back that coins are very good at scratching it.

Having said that, many of the young people I know have permanently cracked screens anyway, and it doesn't seem to bother them overly.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 08:43 AM
    I actually use the OEM case and pouch on my z. Sometimes a hardshell case. Again,depends on the ocasion

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 08:45 AM
    No offense, but its extremely nerdy and un-fashionable.
    08-05-14 08:48 AM
    I use my holster at work. I am always on the move, and I need my BB at my side, and my hands free.

For personal use, at home, going out, I just tend to stick it in my back pocket, or shirt, or whatever. don't really care.

I, too hope they make a convenient use holster for the Passport. Can't wait to get this phone.
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-05-14 08:49 AM
    The holster speaks to an almost bygone era. When Jobs put his phone in his jeans pocket, that ushered in a whole new era. It broke the conventional thinking with a radical departure from the way phones "for the masses" were gonna play out. It firmly placed in the eyes of "consumers" that you don't have to be like your father and carry his phone attached to your hip. Remember, iPhones showed "all others" the NEED FOR ALL to have communications and to have fun with it.

Nowadays, younger gens use their phones much more than the days of long ago. We protected our talk time (minute plans) and limited our conversations and surfing the web or "instant (constant) communication" wasn't as important. Our phone was "on our hip" and it boosted the ego of some when it rang and you "Kirk'd it out" from your holster. It took the youth of today to push phone usage where it is today (faster networks, unlimited data plans). Nowadays, younger gens rely on peripheral vision to walk, as there direct stare is into the face of their phones. The phones are tied to their hands and now rarely see the lining of their pockets. It's always in "plain view"; on a table, on the chair, on the counter ready to receive the next chat, blogpost or email. To place it back on the hip, is to take a step back in time!

Let's face it. Today's kids are a lot sharper and quicker to find information and the facts that we were. Ask any new gen a question and they have the answer in a sec with a quick google. That's how they communicate with each other. Smart kids with smart phones talking with smart kids.

In the world of face paced lives and faster paced communications, I'm not an old head left out. While I do miss my holster, my phone is in front of me, on the surface every...where...I...GO!

Go BB!
    Hai Bo, Xenolock and anon8656116 like this.
    08-05-14 08:51 AM
    Late 20's here.

I don't see anyone in my generation using holsters. I think holsters make the person look like they are literally attached to their phone. While people are more and more phone obsessed and on them all the time we don't want to look like we are phone obsessed and on them all the time by attaching them to our hip. Plus most people I know have their phone out a lot always. It's on the desk/table, it's in our laps, it's charging, it's out.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    08-05-14 08:55 AM
    extremely old class. ugly, disgusting
    08-05-14 09:00 AM
    Why is it that I never see any young people using a holster for their phone?

It is very convenient, and I do not understand why people would not use it more.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Young people. That's when I stopped reading.

Young people are like zombies these days with no respect for others or themselves.

I always use my Holster. The best way to keep my BlackBerry clean from scratches and other surprises.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and Omahahaha like this.
    08-05-14 09:01 AM
    My z10 is always in the inside pocket of my suit jacket

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-05-14 09:05 AM
356 1234 ...