Why is it that I never see any young people using a holster for their phone?

It is very convenient, and I do not understand why people would not use it more.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-04-14 10:31 PM
    I use one. Heh.

Although, good luck finding young people with belts to clip them onto..

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 10:32 PM
    I use one, but it is old fashioned and really just for business types. Besides it keeps your phone safe, accessible and eliminates those awful rubber cases, that makes too much sense, why would the younger generation want that.

Swiped with the Glorious Z30
    08-04-14 10:39 PM
    They would rather keep their iphones in their back pant pocket so they can break them and then go out and buy a BlackBerry!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    donemt and Mecca EL like this.
    08-04-14 10:44 PM
    Haha well, being a young person myself, my friends do think that's for old people, even my brother and he's 34 already.

However, I carry my Q10 with my belt, except the times when I dress casual.

Posted via CB10
    Saulii likes this.
    08-04-14 10:47 PM
    I use a holster on occasion.
    08-04-14 10:51 PM
    If the young kids wore one it would be at there knee.

BlackBerry is a better experience.
    08-04-14 10:54 PM
    Well call me old fashioned then. I want to know when the BlackBerry ankle holster will be made.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-04-14 10:57 PM
    Yep, call me an old fart. On the occasion, I find the holster more than handy.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    slagman5 and donemt like this.
    08-04-14 10:59 PM
    Anytime I'm dressed up with slacks, I rock my leather holster. Nobody likes a square bulge in their thigh.
    Omahahaha and donemt like this.
    08-04-14 10:59 PM
    If the young kids wore one it would be at there knee.

BlackBerry is a better experience.
    LOL! I'm 15 and I actually have a holster for my Bold 9900. I just never use the Bold anymore since I'm on my amazing Q10. I prefer holsters only when I dress sharp. Most of the time, I wear cargo shorts so my phones are in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:04 PM
    30 here... I've used a belt clip/holster since the days of the RAZR. I remember back then, all SAR (radiation exposure) figures were taken at a separation distance from the body equivalent to a belt clip, so... I figured I'd save my b***s and wear a belt clip instead of putting my phones in my pants pockets. So I've gotten used to it, even though my wife and friends do give me trouble about it.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-04-14 11:05 PM
    It’s just not their type of hype. Being young, for the most part, has nothing to do with what we so called mature individuals would call being practical. I personally, love the hell out of my holster and wouldn’t dream of leaving the house without having my device holstered to my side.
    slagman5 and acovey like this.
    08-04-14 11:07 PM
    The phablets that are popular these days would look pretty ridiculous holstered on one's belt.

But a device like my Bold, which looks like it means business, would look just fine.

I usually keep my phone in my front right pants pocket, but I've been thinking about giving a holster a try. I wear slacks and collared shirts to work every day, anyway, so it would match the ensemble.

Am I afraid of looking like an old fart? The fact that I proudly use a Bold 9930 should answer that question!

(BTW, I'm in my early 30s!)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Xenolock likes this.
    08-04-14 11:09 PM
    I use a belt holster (CrackBerry one) for Z10. Yep I am old-fashioned. I wonder if a holster will ever exist for the Passport.
    08-04-14 11:15 PM
    Just think of the huge dependence on our phones. When people are bored, nervous, curious or fidgeting, the first thing they do is pull out their phone. Not as easy with a holster X,'D

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:33 PM
    Haha some amusing responses here.

I am 21 years old. I have always been using an Otterbox Defender on my Q10 in my pocket. But today, I tried the Otterbox holster just for an experiment, and I was surprised at how useful this is!

Despite the "middleaged business man" stereotype, I will have to keep using the belt holster. Hahaha.

One question I have: Which part of the belt do you attach the holster to? I use the right side of my jeans. Because if I had it on the back or the front, sitting down would be uncomfortable.

Also, does anyone ever use the earphones while having the phone in the holster?
    slagman5 and thatplaybookguy like this.
    08-04-14 11:34 PM
    And the belt holster must be a "man" thing. I have never seen a young woman wearing a phone belt holster.

Phone holster on the side of a mini skirt would look be nice

Lol
    08-04-14 11:36 PM
    I'm an old broad so take that into consideration.

It depends on the situation. I always used a holster for my work BB. I clip them to my belt or my waist if in wearing a pencil skirt. I actually don't wear dresses BECAUSE I can't use a holster. Ever since 2004 when I got my first one. At least I think the first one had one. Now that they switched us to Note 2s I don't, that phone is just way too big.

My personal phones are always in my pocket or my bag. Not holstered.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    08-04-14 11:50 PM
    I use one. Heh.

Although, good luck finding young people with belts to clip them onto..

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Apparently, they like wearing pants at knee level. =0)
    08-05-14 01:27 AM
    What's a Holster?
    If it's not something for a gun, I never used it.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 01:30 AM
    yo baby yo ....

Is using a holster considered old fashoned?-_12.jpg
    08-05-14 01:55 AM
    I use an otterbox for my Z10s so they have to go on the belt holster, otherwise it would be awkward to have them in my pockets.

However, one of my Z10s has an extended battery and I modified the seidio spring clip holster to hold it and that definitely goes on the belt.

Black Carbon Fiber Z10
    08-05-14 02:09 AM
    I'm in my forties. In the nineties, business types wore pagers on belt holsters. I did as well. Then we all migrated to those humongous (at least at that time) mobiles that would require massive holsters as well - not a good idea or sight to behold. Then the trend move to really small phones, made popular by Ericsson. I started wearing those belt holsters, specifically those horizontal holsters that didn't make you look like you're wearing a small gun.

In the last few years, phones have gotten bigger and bigger and holster makers have practically disappeared, rightly so since it would make a ridiculous sight with today's massive smartphones.

I haven't worn a holster in the last ten or so years, so I suppose my experience is the reverse. I'd just feel strange with a sidearm. I've been carrying my phones in my left pocket. Easy with work slacks but difficult with jeans. On jeans days, I bring a small cross body bag that contains all my gadgets - a Kindle paperweight, a Note 3, and the Q10. Works for me.
    08-05-14 02:14 AM
    They would rather keep their iphones in their back pant pocket so they can break them and then go out and buy a BlackBerry!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Sometimes I wonder if they are doing that deliberately.
    08-05-14 06:51 AM
356 123 ...