Hey guys. I have been reading all morning on the forum and can not come up with a couple of answers. I just activated an unlimited data plan on my BB with AT&T. Can I use BB Maps or some other mapping program and actually see where I am (as opposed to just using it like a map) or do I need a GPS bluetooth device to do that? I know that AT&T offers some service for $10 a month but I would like to get around that if possible.

Thanks in advance

Rick
    01-31-09 08:45 AM
    You can use GoogleMaps on At&t and see where you are as well as search for stuff, get directions, etc
    01-31-09 09:45 AM
    You can use GoogleMaps on At&t and see where you are as well as search for stuff, get directions, etc
    Do you know if that cost extra or is it covered under my data plan?
    01-31-09 12:18 PM
    Google maps is covered under ATT's unlimited data plan.
    I use both Google Maps and a GPS program called Nav4All, which will do voice turn by turn directions with no monthly fee.
    01-31-09 12:24 PM
    Google maps is covered under ATT's unlimited data plan.
    I use both Google Maps and a GPS program called Nav4All, which will do voice turn by turn directions with no monthly fee.
    Do you have to have have BB maps for Nav4All to work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:26 AM
    Do you have to have have BB maps for Nav4All to work?
    No. 2 separate apps.
    02-03-09 11:12 AM
    Hey guys. I have been reading all morning on the forum and can not come up with a couple of answers. I just activated an unlimited data plan on my BB with AT&T. Can I use BB Maps or some other mapping program and actually see where I am (as opposed to just using it like a map) or do I need a GPS bluetooth device to do that? I know that AT&T offers some service for $10 a month but I would like to get around that if possible.

Thanks in advance

Rick
    If you have an 8300 as your profile indicates, that does not have an internal GPS. You would need a bluetooth gps puck.

Google Maps will give you a very general idea of where you are based on your cell tower. But we're talking a possible several mile radius. Not good for navigation.
    02-03-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD