I'm planning to buy a Blackberry. I'm in doubt with the new DTek60 or Passport. I don't have a Google account anymore. Is it possible to use the new DTek without any Google apps installed? On the Android phone what i have now, there are apps installed from Google what i can't remove. So i was asking myself if it is possible to run DTek without any Google apps. I guess i can install apps by Google Playstore with any Google account.

I'm using not that much apps on my phone. Mostly texting and browsing and emailing.
    The Passport looks also great to me but it will soon getting no support anymore i understood.

Best option is for me that i don't have any connection with Google. If that is possible....lol
    10-27-16 01:09 AM
    No, google apps must be installed on any google certified android phone. You can disable them, but without root you can not delete them.

If you do not want any connection with google then passport is a better choice, because android is googles property.
    No, google apps must be installed on any google certified android phone. You can disable them, but without root you can not delete them.

If you do not want any connection with google then passport is a better choice, because android is googles property.
    10-27-16 04:01 AM
    just create a new dummy google account. you are not forced to use any of google's apps. You can download replacements for pretty much any of them from the Play Store (you will need a google account to access the play store).

So while you can't remove them, you are in no way forced to use them.
    10-27-16 06:02 AM
    I'm using not that much apps on my phone. Mostly texting and browsing and emailing.
    The Passport looks also great to me --> Sounds like Passport would suit your needs, or you can wait for next BB10 OS device(s).
    10-27-16 03:35 PM
    ...or you can wait for next BB10 OS device(s).
    You are going to be waiting for a VERY long time.

Posted via CB10
    cribble2k and Ronindan like this.
    11-03-16 05:59 PM
    11-04-16 08:35 AM
    You are going to be waiting for a VERY long time.

Posted via CB10
    infinity and beyond
    11-05-16 03:14 PM
    I'm planning to buy a Blackberry. I'm in doubt with the new DTek60 or Passport. I don't have a Google account anymore. Is it possible to use the new DTek without any Google apps installed? On the Android phone what i have now, there are apps installed from Google what i can't remove. So i was asking myself if it is possible to run DTek without any Google apps. I guess i can install apps by Google Playstore with any Google account.

The Passport looks also great to me but it will soon getting no support anymore i understood.

Best option is for me that i don't have any connection with Google. If that is possible....lol
    I can't say for Dtek and I assume is same as other samsung phones which you need google id to setup the phone when setting up.

I am a passport user. Google ID is not needed at all unless you using Google Play. You can download apps from Amazon store or Snap without Google ID.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 03:48 PM
    I can't say for Dtek and I assume is same as other samsung phones which you need google id to setup the phone when setting up.

I am a passport user. Google ID is not needed at all unless you using Google Play. You can download apps from Amazon store or Snap without Google ID.

Posted via CB10
    I do believe google id is still required to set up SNap....correct me if I'm wrong but when you swipe down for Snap settings the Google id does appear.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 04:51 PM